The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

28w2d here now, still no major complaints. Biggest would be my swollen feet, ugh. Some days it looks like I have no bones in there. Starting to feel a little less tired, more energetic, though I think a lot of that is nervous energy! We just started painting the nursery yesterday, though we don't even have furniture there yet. We'll get there! We have a 3d ultrasound July 11, my next doc appt is July 25, baby shower August 11, and then I feel like we'll be in the home stretch and more ready to welcome Little Miss!

Missed last OT day, but I'm definitely Preggers!!

12w3d here Find out the sex (hopefully) at my Ultrasound appt on the 25th!

Heard the heartbeat last month and boy was it fast! 186! Everyone is following the old wives tale now that a fast heartbeat = girl

Still having waves of morning sickness which sucks, but getting a lot better about foods. I didn't want to eat anything but fruits and veggies there for a while, no meat. Still don't want anything to do with Chicken though.
    Friend of bar.ka!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    GM quote of the day, regarding the correct way to do things:
    "There's correct, and then there's correct. If you're almost correct, that means you're wrong."

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Congrats!! So happy for you!!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

23 1/2 weeks-practically 6 months along! Having a boy, due Oct 25. So far everything has been smooth and painless, which I am incredibly thankful for, but I'm starting to realize I need to stop taking the ability to get off the couch with ease for granted

Just discovered this blog (thank you Pinterest) and haven't explored much yet, but have laughed loudly at the few posts I read. Thought some of you other "in foal" and "recently foaled" COTHers would appreciate her humorous approach to pregnancy/life. Here's the post that introduced me to the blog:

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregn...-tell-you.html

Hope you enjoy and laugh as much as I have! And hope everyone is feeling great, or as great as you can lugging around a little one in this heat!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

34 1/2 weeks, dyin in the heat ! Hoping the little guy comes a few weeks early. He hasn't dropped yet but sleep is nonexistent now. I'm done with pregnancy and ready to see the baby!

Also 34 1/2 weeks here but its winter in NZ so I'm a comfortable temperature while everyone is complaining about the cold. Sleeping has been really difficult and I've been working full time up until now so I'm pretty exhausted. I just finished work as it was full time hours or nothing so I'm hoping time to rest will bring back some energy. Strangely even though I feel very pregnant I really still miss riding and dream about it often. I'd really like to meet the baby but I don't feel ready yet to face labour!

How's everyone doing??? I'm 37w3d now and baby is currently playing In Utero Twister, where all my internal organs are brightly colored circles she needs to punch and kick in order to win. YAY.

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 32 weeks, but am managing with diet and exercise. I tell you all, though, I think I'm AS excited to eat whatever I want again as I am to meet her face to face! Because of the GD, my doctors won't let me go past 40 weeks, so we are looking at having a baby any time in the next EIGHTEEN days, oh my word. We are mostly ready... or at least we think we are...

yay for preggos!

Hope the rest of pregnancy is good and labor goes well for everyone.

Seriously spoil yourself now, you are going to be soooo busy after the little one comes. I look back on my prebaby baths and uninterrupted book reading with much fondness.

Hard to believe my little Smooshy is almost 5 months! time goes quick.
    for more Joy then you can handle
    http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

So where are the BABY PICTURES, new moms! Would love to see your adorable foals!

Adorable! Look at those huge blue eyes!

I foaled on aug. 15th at exactly 41weeks. That extra week was one of the longest weeks of my life. I now have a 3 week old little boy. They don't tell you how hard breast feeding is in the beginning but I know understand why some mares reject their foals! Not that I would reject the little guy, he's awesome and a pretty good sleeper as far as babies go but ouch!

Default due anytime now, hoping for a Labor Day delivery

Official dellivery is 9/9/12 but doctors say it could be any day now. Took a warm bath been walking trying to get things rolling but so far nothing. Been a very easy pregnancy, I'll be 40 in January & I expected the pregnancy to be harder than this. I've only put on 28 lbs and it's truly all baby, hoping to soon be able to resume my riding after he's born & I get the doctors okay. Anxious & nervous about the delivery but no looking back now, lol. Not so happy about being tied even more so to my husband's family who has made it well known they dislike me. Husband's siblings haven't even acknowledged we're pregnant yet MIL expects they'll all be welcomed to our house right after birth to see the baby, WTH!!! MIL is the same evil witch that made the comment to me right after we told her we were expecting our first baby, "Well, I hope you're happy if this is what you wanted", I was crushed, really this is how you feel? Now hubby is all excited and expects me to "move on" and attend family functions and pretend it's all good, or he mentioned he'lll take the baby to family gatherings & I can stay home, I'm sick to my stomach & pissed off all in one right now with this. But what I seriously didn't expect much more from him, he went to Canada on a fishing trip & left me here to take care of the farm at 8.5 months pregnant. Hoping things will soon start looking up, feeling rather blue on this Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
    I foaled on aug. 15th at exactly 41weeks. That extra week was one of the longest weeks of my life. I now have a 3 week old little boy. They don't tell you how hard breast feeding is in the beginning but I know understand why some mares reject their foals! Not that I would reject the little guy, he's awesome and a pretty good sleeper as far as babies go but ouch!
    No kidding, I totally understand why mares squeal and kick at their foals the first few days!

I get to play this time! I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. The nausea is just starting to taper off, thank goodness! Its been a rough 6 weeks. Of course my foal (actual horse foal) kicked me in the baby tummy last week. So my non-horsey dh and dr (mostly hubby. I must respect his feelings while i have our baby in my belly) have restricted my barn interaction pretty severely. Im still teaching and cleaning stalls, but he doesnt want me turning them out, etc. I had already made the decision to not ride while pregnant. Its harder than i thought it would be to manage a barn without actually handling the horses lol! But it is very worth it and i have great help.
    We are due March 19th. Very excited!

I'm 32.5 weeks along. Getting so ready to meet him, but am very thankful he seems to be staying put for now. I've got so much to do in the next few weeks! Nursery stuff is all in my house, but hasn't been set up and his things aren't organized. I'm getting serious nesting urges so that will be done as soon as I can find the time and energy-hopefully this weekend!

Any suggestions for the insomnia? I'm not tired at night (which is definitely not like me) and am waking up every morning around 4 and can only doze until my alarm goes off. I do have dedicated nap time every weekend (schedule allowing) and that definitely helps me get through the work week.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

dangerbunny, he is SO precious!

mysaygrace, did you get your Labor Day delivery?

Default no Labor Day delivery but...

Today's appointment I got checked & I'm 1.5 cm dilated, cervix is soft so then swept my membranes to hopefully jump start delivery. I had some bleeding & cramps today followed by some contractions here & there. Hoping I soon go into labor or they want to induce me due to my age. Next week have two appointments that include stress tests & ultrasounds to check animiotic fluid & more membrane sweeps. Really don't want to be induced. Spent the night in the ER with hubby, he's a teacher & they had a carbon monoxide leak at his school!! He's okay now after being given 2 hours of oxygen. Gave the hospital staff a scare though when I came waddling in & to top off the evening the hospital was on lock down due to multiple gunshot victims!!! I kept kidding my hubby that this sure would make an interesting entry into the baby memory book should I go into labor tonight!

Default water broke!!! on way to hospital : )

Hubby is a mess, may need to slip him a benadryl!!!

In my car, between work, home, and the barn!

Good luck, mysaygrace! Be sure to post some pics!

I'm just starting out with kiddo #4 - first appointment is later this month and we're actually a bit freaked out that there might be more than one in there! I've never been this crazy symptomatic this early and I got those two pink lines a week earlier than I have with any of the other little ones...