The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone been to Running Start Farm Vass, NC

Some how I have agreed to go for my first GAG. Wondering what to expect. I know it is their first HT but they have been open for schooling in the past and I believe maybe some CT.
    Thanks!
    Pamela Ellis

The farm is actually The Orchard and is owned by Roger and Mari Secrist. XC fences are nice, well built and I know that Mari is busy putting in more in prep for their first event.

Linda Dreher who is one of the organizers, has a wealth of experience, as until this past year she was the organizer of The Fork CIC*** and Horse Trials, and prior to The Fork she held together the Ft. Bragg HT it's last few years.

Mari Secrist has produced several well known UL eventers, including Bounce who was at the 2008 YR championships in Colorado and Damien, a top finisher at Rolex.

I'd be willing to bet, knowing both ladies, if you emailed them, you'd get a answer. I am sorry we won't be there as my husband would like to have competed, but that is my season opener in Florida and he navigates for me.

Some of my kids went there last year for a Pony Club clinic and raved about the fences. Owners know what they are doing. Should be fun, we are going.

Agree with Pegasusmom. The farm is absolutely beautiful with wonderful footing and well cared for obstacles.

Good luck and have fun!
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Yup, I school XC there all the time. Mari is GREAT, the farm is drop dead gorgeous and the fences are natural and inviting. Well, I have not seen the show jumps, but I'm sure they're top notch as well. I want to live in her barn, it is drool-worthy and asked her to adopt me, but she laughed at me, sigh. I believe her husband is on the Board of Governors (I think that's what he told me) for USEA. They are very professional and DEFINITELY know what they are doing.

Myself and my new OTTB will be there in blue!