The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation ? About authorizing a breeder to use your pictures

Convoluted question. Normally I'm happy to provide a SO or MO with pictures I've taken of their horse or, in the case of stallions, pictures of a stallion they're breeding to. I was contacted by 2 breeders who wished to use pictures from 2009 when I was at Highlife Farm. One, I know through COTH and Ok'd. I googled the second (I'm curious by nature), and she has a website dedicated to the fraud and bill evasion she's caused in the past. (PM me for details - I'm not going to slander her here)

Obviously, it's hard to tell if this is a one-time deal, or if we're at the tip of a Jill Burnell kind of shitberg.

I'm inclined not to let her use my photos, but I'm also wondering if I should state why and give her the opportunity to rebut this?

Thanks, hivemind!
    RIP Adriane, aka Eyesontheground, 6/4/83-9/14/09
    Proudly owned by:
    Veronica II (Vienna Waltz/Woermann)

Tough situation. I left a registry based on the actions/public musings/blogs of one of their officers. In that case, I let her know exactly what my issue was. I didn't expect her to rebut this, and even if she had, I would be hesitant to believe it. (Hey, Jill Burnell talks a good line too). I just wanted to make sure she understood that people thought her behavior was not okay and not professional.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

I would not let her use the photos. Perhaps just explain that "you are very selective" in allowing others to use them

5 members found this post helpful.

Yep that's about what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being needlessly judgmental.

Thanks
    RIP Adriane, aka Eyesontheground, 6/4/83-9/14/09
    Proudly owned by:
    Veronica II (Vienna Waltz/Woermann)