The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not what the OP has in mind, but Rod's has 27 pages of different kind of western-inspired belts at reasonable prices. Some are pretty subtle. I think this one is a nice combination:
    http://www.rods.com/Brown-Croc-Print-Belt,27328.html
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoobieDoo View Post
    For the true hunter princess, Hermes or LV are always a nice choice
    Don't you mean the ONLY choice

Quote Originally Posted by englishcowgirl View Post
    Don't you mean the ONLY choice
    Why yes, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by NoobieDoo View Post
    For the true hunter princess, Hermes or LV are always a nice choice
    Must.get.better.paying.job!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

LV is too flashy for me. I have been accused of too much razzle dazzle. But the Hermes H in the silver. You. Are. All. Very. Bad. And so good at the same time. That is what I am talking about.

And to the poster who mentioned Rod's, I actually rode last winter in my dad's old belt, which is a real western belt, with a beautiful silver buckle with three big turquoise stones. Sadly, two of the stones have cracked, and it needs repair. So, until that one is fixed, I'm all about the glamour. Maybe I will wait to see how my horse was in her first warm-up today before I decide.

http://cleverwithleather.com/. Love this company!

So greatful to get to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolpho614 View Post
    I also have this belt, which I love... http://www.doversaddlery.com/raised-...ing/p/X1-4197/
    I also have this belt, the Fancy Stitched Belt, in black. It does the job just fine, but I found the sizing to be totally off. You'd think that since they're in inches, you'd just order the size of the breeches you normally wear. I did that and ended up having to exchange it for one two sizes up. I couldn't even get the end of the belt to reach the buckle!

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    LV is too flashy for me. I have been accused of too much razzle dazzle. But the Hermes H in the silver. You. Are. All. Very. Bad. And so good at the same time. That is what I am talking about.

And to the poster who mentioned Rod's, I actually rode last winter in my dad's old belt, which is a real western belt, with a beautiful silver buckle with three big turquoise stones. Sadly, two of the stones have cracked, and it needs repair. So, until that one is fixed, I'm all about the glamour. Maybe I will wait to see how my horse was in her first warm-up today before I decide.
    Vintage LV is not flashy at all but the silver Hermes H makes my heart sing. The polished silver is my personal fav but the brushed or hammered are also beautiful and understated

Default PIKEUR

We are selling TONS of the new Pikeur Belts on the "A" Circuit so far this season! They are stylish, practical, AND under $100. We just arrived at Gulfport, MS, and will be spending 6 weeks here for the Gulf Coast Winter Classics..I would be happy to send you pictures of the new black belts that we just got in stock Email morna.farmhousetack@gmail.com if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Wow, and to think I just thought my one from Target would cut the mustard!!
    My daughter always gets her belts from Target. Not going to overpay for a belt.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

See, this is where we need Aunt Esther.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

Who is Aunt Esther, and am I going to have to pay her plane fare? Because apparently, I'm not going to be able to afford it.

Just curious;

If you are riding at a show wearing a belt with an 'H' buckle, are you likely to be sitting on a "Her-mees" saddle, and wearing a "Air-mez" belt??
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

1 members found this post helpful.

i take it that my fabulous collection of old needlepoint belts wouldn't still be a good fashion statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Hunter View Post
    http://cleverwithleather.com/. Love this company!
    Those are so fun! I love the martingale belt and the padded hoofpick one. Veeeeeeery tempting!

That martingale belt is very fun, and what got me started on the belts to start with. I remember someone mentioning in a previous thread that they were lovely. I wanted something a little more Euro looking. Alas... the pretty pony was very good yesterday. You know what that means, don't you? At least I have done my horse social work for the year, so I have a clear conscience. And I am going to sell a bunch of duplicate stuff on TOC so I don't have to feel like I am going straight downstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    The Hadfield ones are beautiful, but I want to see all of the colors in person.
    The colors look just the same in person as they do on the computer, at least on my computer. I had a hard time making up my mind what colors I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    Those are so fun! I love the martingale belt and the padded hoofpick one. Veeeeeeery tempting!
    I'm getting the Kentucky belt...the one that looks like a lead shank. This thread has been dangerous!

A gypsy caravan somewhere in Eastern Europe

I love the TS quilted belt, especially in the gorgeous Hermes style orange - I've got my eye on that one for whenever I have some spare cash. Except I have horses so I never have spare cash

Cheval Fashions just launched a new side zip belt. It has a buckle at the front of the belt where the usual buckle is and then easy open snaps where the zipper for side breeches is located. Very cool and great quality!
    www.chevalfashions.com