The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

Default Hunter fashionistas, I need a belt

I was thinking the Alessandro Albanese silver stirrup buckle, but the belt does not come in black. My mother always told me that my belt should match my shoes and my bag. Also I don't want my shadbelly peeking up to reveal a crazy colored belt, and with two kids and traveling, I am only packing one belt, sorry.

I have some fashion forwardness going on with some of my show clothes and my new custom boots, so I do not want a big sparkly belt. However, I do want something special. What say you, COTH?

What about this http://www.ariat.com/English/Women/A...or=BROWN_BLACK

You can wear switch it if you need something to go with brown shoes after your done showing...

I'm a Brighton person.

http://www.brighton.com/category/5/1/belts.html

A lot of them are reversible too.

I second the Ariat reversible. I also have the Ariat spur belt that's pretty cute.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/ariat-...x?cm_vc=Search

If you're not on a budget Hadfields has gorgeous snakeskin/leather belts http://www.hadfieldssaddlery.com/col...portswear.html.

I have it in blue but its available in many colors and neutral shades. If you want the stirrup buckle you mentioned, I also have their elastic belt in their signature black/blue but its available in solid black and other colors as well too.

According to Stacy and Clinton (What Not to Wear) you can mix black and brown. They're both neutrals.
    Last edited by ParadoxFarm; Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo

4 members found this post helpful.

I love my Tailored Sportsman belt. It comes in black with a variety of interesting leather choices and has proven to be very durable. (And of course, it fits perfectly in the belt loops of my breeches!)

I agree that if you're wearing a shadbelly then a black belt is the way to go. With something like a regular navy show coat, brown would be okay.

Why not try something different? Deux Chevaux offers several different buckle designs, the leathers are reversible and interchangeable, and there are a number of finish and color options to accommodate individual tastes. They are all the rage here in Wellington. You can get one at Hunt Ltd. by the International Arena at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, or from www.deuxchevauxproducts.com.
    www.deuxchevauxproducts.com
    For riders of every discipline and those who simply appreciate the best that a life with horses can offer.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 4Hunters View Post
    Why not try something different? Deux Chevaux offers several different buckle designs, the leathers are reversible and interchangeable, and there are a number of finish and color options to accommodate individual tastes. They are all the rage here in Wellington. You can get one at Hunt Ltd. by the International Arena at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, or from www.deuxchevauxproducts.com.
    This! Love 'em! I'm getting myself the JUMP one for my bday next month!
    Over what hill? Where? When? I don\'t remember any hill....

www.freewebs.com/caballerizadelviso

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

You guys are awesome! I love the http://www.deuxchevauxproducts.com/ website... what a find. I think I may just get the buckle and email the rep for a black belt since BAC says they have them. Then, having an option, I can look at sassier things at the horseshow. The Hadfield ones are beautiful, but I want to see all of the colors in person.

If Stacey and Clinton ever got a hold of me they would be delighted, I'm sure. I'm a matchy matchy girl.

And don't forget Chuck Pinnell, his belts are magnificent. http://www.pinnellcustomleather.com/

You can buy buckle and belt separately if you want. Pricey but gorgeous.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    And don't forget Chuck Pinnell, his belts are magnificent. http://www.pinnellcustomleather.com/

You can buy buckle and belt separately if you want. Pricey but gorgeous.
    I was just about to suggest Chuck! Everything he does is beautiful.

The Pinnell's are fabulous if you can afford them! Brighton has an awesome selection of belts that are reasonably priced.

Wow, and to think I just thought my one from Target would cut the mustard!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

1 members found this post helpful.

I love both my Ariat reversible horseshoe belt and my Tailored Sportsman Quilted "C" Belt.

Really? I think they are so ordinary. The horse heads are pretty enough but I've seen plenty of similar types, including a Gucci that was much nicer. And the Ride/Jump/Pony is just a copy of those old Love buckles, nothing special about those either IMO.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Wow, and to think I just thought my one from Target would cut the mustard!!
    Not if you're a true hunter princess.

For the true hunter princess, Hermes or LV are always a nice choice