Want to give a horse a home - Virginia (Nottoway County)
I am looking for a free horse to give a good forever home to. I know there are a lot of people struggling to feed their horses so I would like to give one a good home. I am only looking to get ONE horse as I dont want to over do it myself where I get eaten out of house and barn. But i am sure there is someone out there that has a wonderful horse that they would rather give to a forever home than to send them to a slaughter house.
What I am looking for in a horse:
- Age and type of horse does not matter to me
- I want a horse that has been broke to ride. a horse that hasent been ridden in a while and needs a refresher is fine
- I want a friendly horse that is atleast beginner-intermediate safe
- I have a gelding already, so must get along with another horse.
- NO STALLIONS! I need a mare or a gelded horse
- Horse tack would be great!!! I only have tack for my one horse, so if you would be so kind as to give the horse tack that goes with your horse, that would be great!
- must be healthy enough for light-medium riding
- a thin horse is not a problem. I have food to put weight back on him/her. But must be healthy other than that.
- I dont have a horse trailer so would prefer you to bring him/her to me, but if you are close, I can rent a horse trailer. But it might give you peace of mind if come and see the farm. We are nothing fancy, just a family farm with 200 acres and a lot of love!
Like I said, this will be a personal horse for me and my family. I do have 4 kids, but the horse will be mine and taken care of by me and my hubby. If the horse is calm enough, I would love to put the kids up there and lead them around too
If you have a horse, please give me a call to talk about it (804) 605-6381