The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lessons near Hanover, NH?

I know I've seen some posts from folks in the area around Hanover, NH...

I'm going to be up to help my best friend babyproofing her house at the end of Feb/start of March, and will be away from home for 10 days. So I'm hoping I can find somewhere with schoolmasters on whom I could take a few lessons while I'm there (schoolmasters don't have to be GP, as I'm showing 1st/schooling up to about 3rd). I'll also see if I can possibly do some riding at the Dartmouth barn.

Because I'll be staying with a friend whose schedule revolves around a baby's sleep time, I don't want to get too far away - I'd love to be able to get to the Burlington area where I have a friend whose horse I would get to ride, but don't think that's overly feasible as an idea.

My horse is going to stay at my trainer's barn while I'm gone so he gets work, and I'd like to get myself work, too, even while on vacation! I know it's less likely especially given the time of year...

Thanks for any ideas!

ETA: Actually, my ideal would be hard core longe lessons... But just saddle time in general.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

http://www.huntingtonfarm.com/

I used to live in that area - I did my residency at Dartmouth. Generally deb only teaches truck ins, but they would be worth an inquiry.

Central Vermont Dressage Association has trainer listings. It encompasses Vermont and New Hampshire. The Vermont border is not very far from Hanover.

http://www.cvda.org/trainerslisting.html

I think Liz Julian-Tuggle would be the closest in Norwich, other than Dartmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Central Vermont Dressage Association has trainer listings. It encompasses Vermont and New Hampshire. The Vermont border is not very far from Hanover.

http://www.cvda.org/trainerslisting.html

I think Liz Julian-Tuggle would be the closest in Norwich, other than Dartmouth.
    My friend I'm staying with is in Lyme, so Norwich is the closest I was guessing I might find someone!

at the bolded. Not very far = touching. I want to say the water of the Connecticut is in Vermont, and the bank is in NH, but don't remember if I have that backwards.

Thanks for the listings link - I will check it out and see what I find!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

There was a small farm right down the road from Colby Sawyer that gave lessons to the college students and also was the base for their intercollegiate riding team. Not sure if it is still there. I rode there many years ago.
    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Not sure if she would have a suitable longe horse for you but Sheila McLevedge is in Springfield VT and travels all around that area. She is an excellent FEI level trainer. If you want her contact info just PM me.