The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Langone Farm - Search for Grey Mother Foaling 2006 to Pablo

Hello Everyone,

Very green on this list. My name is Dory and I am located in CT. I have a wonderful possible Oldenburg mare born May 2006 out of Pablo. I don't know who the mother is but what information I found so far is she was from the Langone Farm (or Double A Farm) probably leased. The first owner of my mare had her as a yearing and had trouble getting information for the breeder about the grey mother. Since I purchased her in December of 2010 I have been on and off looking for information on her mother only to hit deadends. I am not giving up and still searching through phone calls and internet. I know this mare is/was a grey and I did get conformation from the stallion's owner that they did send frozen to the farm the previous year in 2005. My mare shows traits of her sire and it would be nice to know more information on her mother. I am guessing she might be a TB since my mare seems to be partly build like one but don't know for sure. I did try to contact Lorin Langone only to get the run around and never actually talk to her on the phone only to family and friends. What I was told is that she doesn't have the breeding records anymore since she stopped breeding. I am hoping that maybe just maybe someone knows of information or has ideas of where to look for information. My mare is such an easy temperament horse, so sweet and affectionate. Loves to work and have fun. I look forward to any ideas. Thanks for your time.

PM'd you about the only 4 horses I knew anything about on that farm during that debacle.
    Last edited by camohn; Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

Debacle seems to be a very apt description for sure ...

I bought a mare from Lorin in foal to Coromino. Problem was, the stud fee was never paid, Amy wouldnt release the Breeders Certificate (of course!) until it was paid, so at the 11th hour I said I was nixing the deal due to non payment of the stud fee and she could keep the mare, I would keep my mare that was also part of the deal, and then lo and behold Amy did get paid that way as I guess Lorin really wanted my mare!

Fast forward a few years, got another mare from her, the JC registration being paid by Lorin was part of the agreement. It wasnt, and days turned into weeks, that turned into months and it still didnt get paid. Everything from the payment was mailed to the JC but she didnt put enough postage on the envelope and it was returned, to her hot water tank broke and thats why she didnt pay me, etc, etc. I finally called her fathers veterinary practice (where she worked part time) and sweetly explained to the girl the reason for my call and then called her parents place and also sweetly explained to her mother why I needed to call her and involve her in a bad debt owed by her daughter. I received a scathing email from Lorin about my "unethical practice of calling her parents and place of business" but lo and behold a day later, the money came that was owed to me

Sometimes one has to get creative in how one addresses and resolves non payment issues ...

And I also want to add that I very much considered Lorin a friend previous to this, and had the utmost of respect for her and her knowledge and her willingness to help and offer her opinion when asked.

Last I heard she was back at school taking law courses or something???

Good luck in your search ...

Yes, that's what I heard too. That she now lives in FL and finished law school courses in 2010. I am not looking for trouble or anything since I am not part of situations like this but was hoping to know more about the mother. Like how old she was when she foaled my horse and what kind of temperament she had. I was hoping for a DNA test since Pablo's owner was willing to help but I know it's really a long shot on that thought too. I am hoping for a break in my search.

Check your PMs. Not a pretty situation at all.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

OMG! Whenever I even think about Lorin Langone I get furious and want to puke. What a piece of work she was! Bought a young Knabstrupper stallion from us and never paid for him. Was breeding him at age two without permission (as we had specifically provided that he was not to be bred until he was paid for and approved). Then, when we sued her for what was owed, she.... well, based on the facts as we discovered them to be and based on what the vet reported after necropsy and after what the insurance investgator and police told us, I believe that she killed the horse in an attempt to get the insurance money on him (insurance she took out the day before!) and tried to cover it up for months. Long and horrible story that one.

I loathe her with a passion.
    Last edited by Sonesta; Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Wow, I guess I do not have to tell my story on how this breeding happened but sure hope the ethics classes are still part of the course.
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

1 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering if someone with her background is going to pass the Florida State Bar's investigation required prior to licensing.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    OMG! Whenever I even think about Lorin Langone I get furious and want to puke. What a piece of work she was! Bought a young Knabstrupper stallion from us and never paid for him. Was breeding him at age two without permission (as we had specifically provided that he was not to be bred until he was paid for and approved). Then, when we sued her for what was owed, she.... well, based on the facts as we discovered them to be and based on what the vet reported after necropsy and after what the insurance investgator and police told us, I believe that she killed the horse in an attempt to get the insurance money on him (insurance she took out the day before!) and tried to cover it up for months. Long and horrible story that one.

OMFG that is horrible. WOW.JUST.WOW
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Ooo Rebecca - I didnt know that at all! Of course the story *I* heard was far different than yours. From Lorin of course ...

Had no idea. No wonder you feel the way you do about her ...

TrueColours, just like she didn't tell you the truth about that stallion you bought from her, I'm guessing. You know, the one I tried to warn you about......

You mean the one that lasted less than a week here when no staff members would go into his stall, and he tried to take down the stall to get to a gelding owned by the BO's wife as she walked by and I was told to remove him immediately before he killed someone? THAT stallion?

The pictures of him were sure nice though ...

Yep. That one. And remember how you got all bent out of shape because I actually tried to tell you the truth about him BEFORE you bought him????

WOW! The dirt I am finding is quite interesting, scary and very sad but interesting. I guess I lucked out on a nice sweet horse coming from that environment. Thank you all for the information. I just checked with the previous owner as we are becoming good friends (have daughters the same age) and she remember the mare being flea bitten in color and not much to look at, then again coming from that environment I have to wonder. She said that what she heard was the mare was sent back to its owner and then later broke her leg jumping. She was also told this mare was competing in jumping classes. Don't know if all this is true but you have to wonder if maybe there's some truth within this, just hope it's not true about the leg and that Lorin was hiding something from the mare's owner saying the filly died or something like that so both the previous owner and the mare's owner don't find out. That's the gut feeling I am getting at this point. It would be luck if I end up founding the person, it's a matter of so and so said to so and so like going down the line of people but of course things can get distorted but it's worth a shot. I will keep you all updated if I find anything new. Thank you again

Well, well, well. Seems the power of the internet is doing it's thang.

I just got a phone call from an investigator in Connecticut who wanted to know all about our situation with Ms. Langone. Said he googled her as part of his routine investigation procedures and this thread popped up - along with (he said) a number of others).

Donna, did you get a call yet? I suspect you might.

And I told him I'd cooperate in every way with their investigation. I have no idea what they are investigating her about. I tried to ask but he was coy and wouldn't say.

I hope she ends up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post

This is just unreal.. never heard of anything this bad.. I am so sorry - what a terrible loss...
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Donna, did you get a call yet? I suspect you might.
    Nary a word from anyone at this end yet ...

Default Grey mare

I think I owned the grey mare in question. We leased two mares to Lorin Langone and it was a complete pain in the ass. I pm the OP, or if someone knows her have her contact me at kjraach@gmail.com. I do take offense to who ever said she wasn't much to look at. If it is this mare, she was approved Dutch, SF, Hanoverian, OLD/ISR, Hanoverian, and maybe Holsteiner. There aren't to many mares approved by all those registries.

I also had a grey mare leased to lorin that year. It didn't end well... I pm'ed the OP. but no response. I would love it if my mare was the dam, but she supposedly had a dream of glory filly from that year. if anyone knows where that filly is I'd love to hear about it...

Op- Did you figure out who the mare was?