The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Kindle horse novels!!

For those who have Kindles/Kindle Apps , you can get Kit Ehrman's first Steve Cline mystery novel At Risk for free! Excellent horse book!!!

http://www.amazon.com/RISK-Steve-Cli...7728349&sr=1-1

Also Favored to Win by Maryann Myers. this story involves the world of horse racing.

http://www.amazon.com/Favored-to-Win...7728895&sr=1-5
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Thank You! I didn't see those on the free Kindle books list. Not that I should be reading fun stuff when I should be studying, so maybe I'll have to wait until June to read them.

Be careful on some of those cheap or freebies! I got one for my Nook called "Olympic Dreams" or somesuch-had a nice cover of what appears to be a well turned out jumper rider on a nice horse. (can't tell a book by its cover for sure!) It was terrible! disjointed, badly written, poorly edited! Yuck!

Waah. Favored to Win is no longer free. It's still free to borrow with a Prime membership, but I've already used my free book this month. Boo-hoo.

Copper1, that's why I always check the reviews!! At Risk I can vouch for as an excellent read. I used to own a hard copy and loaned it out never to be seen again. Happy to have it back in my library!!
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Wink

thanks for sharing! i have downloaded At Risk and will add it to my e-pile of books

You can get "At Risk" free on your iPad too!

Thanks, LoriO! I'm all about free e-books and horsey fiction! How did you find this one? I have a feed on my facebook that I get lists of free books on but I'm always looking for more.

I downloaded At Risk this morning. While I like the mystery storyline, the English teacher in me cringes every time I come across "must of." At first I thought it was purposeful for one character, to perhaps illustrate his level of literacy, but now I've found it in another character's speech as well.

I just downloaded At Risk. Ustabe, I downloaded all sorts of free books...then read some of them...wow. Now, I'm a lot pickier!! Thank you for pointing this out.

I didn't know FB had a feed for free books. Kyool. Do I look up Amazon or Kindle Free Books what exacalackily?
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

There's a fb page called "Free Books for Kindle", I've gotten a bunch off of there. If anyone else has any good freebie sites, let me know, I'd LOVE to find more free horsey books!

Quote Originally Posted by JFJ View Post
    You can get "At Risk" free on your iPad too!
    I'm still getting acquainted with my Ipad, so if you don't mind please tell me how to find this Is it an app?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    I'm still getting acquainted with my Ipad, so if you don't mind please tell me how to find this Is it an app?
    Open iBooks (which is an app) and click on "store" and just search the title and it will come right up. You can also search "horse" and loads of books come up. Not all free but there are some and you can always get samples to see if you like it and want to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JFJ View Post
    Open iBooks (which is an app) and click on "store" and just search the title and it will come right up. You can also search "horse" and loads of books come up. Not all free but there are some and you can always get samples to see if you like it and want to buy it.
    Thank you!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?