The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horsehair bracelet

Great Valentines Day gift! PM me, telling me who you want it for and why. Courtney can choose the best, and I will send a horsehair bracelet with heart shaped bead to you to gift to your beloved. She will be choosing on Sunday, after her Sweet 16 birthday...

Not one request for the horsehair bracelet!

Default My little man Trafeer

I will make a request but I would like to see what she does with it, how it will look because I have limited hair from his tail. I lost my little white 20 year old Arab gelding to a sudden and violent colic, speculation that it could have been a thrombosis colic from encysted damage. I am not much able to talk about it more, I only had him for 6 months and he had been starved and neglected/newby horse owners/poor care for 3 years.

He was very special to me, I am in recovery from mold poisoning and I may have to be treated for Lyme also thus am more than a little overemotional these days.

Thank you and your sweet daughter for the offer of this.

Oh, sorry just saw the pm request.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Hi!

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full

I would love to give one to my 10 yr old daughter. Almost 2 years ago, the day after my daughters 9th birthday, we lost a beloved family member. I owned this mare since she was born in 1985- she was definitely my beloved forever horse. We had many, many wonderful experiences together. When the time came for my daughter to start riding, Mare (yep, her barn name was Mare) happily accepted the job. She gave my daughter the opportunity to make mistakes and really learn how not only to ride, but how to care for horses. Mare was the first horse Lola ever showed. When my daughter was 7, Mare developed a heart murmur that was thought to be from her mitral valve. We retired her from riding but she was still the first one Lola went to visit, groom and love on. We had some school friends come to the barn for Lola's birthday party and Lola proudly introduced "first show horse". Mare had just turned 25 the week before. The day after Lola's birthday, the barn manager called me to tell me Mare had had a stroke. Upon arriving to the barn, I realized that it was time To say goodbye

A couple of weeks after, Lola pulled out some pictures, Mare's JC papers and some scrapbook embellishments and made a beautiful poster size scrapbook page. It still hangs over her bed today.

I know she would just love a bracelet to help her remember our beloved Mare. We did save some of her tail with the intention of having something made but to date have not been able to even open the envelope.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share our story with you
    Last edited by myforx4; Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Spelling!

PMs sent, bracelets are spoken for! We will have to do this again shortly - I found a few more I can part with!

dang I missed it, well it would have been for me, do you need hair, I have chestnut tail hair from Burbank when he passed away, my husband cut the whole tail off (from the end of the dock down) so we have well a tail but it does need a washing

Burbank, sent you a PM

Brock you are using this for advertising purposes for your bracelets and necklaces. Not good. I received a pm from you pricing your wares. This is a giveaway section. Pay COTH for advertising if this is what it is for.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

I do indeed sell my bracelets and necklaces to support my private equine rescue. HOWEVER, I do not sell the bracelets and necklaces on this forum.
    Several times I have offered bracelets that were overstock to COTH members FREELY on this forum. These bracelets are made from horsehair of our rescues.
    When someone inquires about having a bracelet made FROM THEIR OWN HORSE"S HAIR, I respond to their inquiry. That is the case with you. You asked about having it done with your own horse's hair, and I responded to you.

Quote from your post: "I will make a request but I would like to see what she does with it, how it will look because I have limited hair from his tail. I lost my little white 20 year old Arab gelding to a sudden and violent colic, speculation that it could have been a thrombosis colic from encysted damage. I am not much able to talk about it more, I only had him for 6 months and he had been starved and neglected/newby horse owners/poor care for 3 years.
    He was very special to me, I am in recovery from mold poisoning and I may have to be treated for Lyme also thus am more than a little overemotional these days.
    Thank you and your sweet daughter for the offer of this.
    Oh, sorry just saw the pm request."

My response to you, sent so that I could send PICS so you could "see what she does with it, how it will look..." via email:
    I am attaching pics of bracelets and necklaces we have done. I can also send you a sample if you wish. We do a rope braid, with silverplate findings and lobster clasp (magnetic available), colored glass bead and heart charm. I can work with any amount of hair, as long as it is long enough to do the entire bracelet length. Otherwise I need to do the bracelet in two pieces (nice, but different style than usual). Our prices are $20/bracelet, $40/necklace including unique stone pendant. If you would like a sample, please email me at this address so I don't miss it.
    The giveaway bracelet has found a home, and we were moved to send out a second one to a wonderful woman battling cancer.
    We also accept trades of usable tack for our rescues in trade for jewelry..."

I do not understand your personal attack on me, as I do not feel that I have disobeyed the rules here. At no point did I post prices on this thread, until just now while defending myself. I do not wish to do the jewelry for you in light of this.

(Moderator, please close this thread. The FREE bracelet has been rehomed. Thank you).