The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Do you think this will help me connect with my horse?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180803057104...84.m1423.l2649

I wonder if this would help me connect better with my horse, who needs a carrot stick when you can have a positive energy spiritual ring.

Considering that my horse is about to start back to work from a 3 month lay up maybe a "calm relaxing enviroment" will do us both some good.

Beyond a doubt, you and your horse would be on the same mental plain...
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

My mare is a simple soul. I show her an oat and honey granola bar, and we connect very well indeed.

Well it's kind of pretty so if it had any spiritual powers that would be a bonus. Anybody remember the "Ghost in a Jar" that was on Ebay several years ago. There was some sort of fantastic story about a ghost in this mason jar full of dirt. People ran the bid up to $1000's.

When I saw the title, I thought this was going to be for some sort of charm you put on your horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    Beyond a doubt, you and your horse would be on the same mental plain...

As Lasik stated, if I want to connect with my horses, I just wave a treat in their face.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

I find that the treat connection ends as soon as the treat is swallowed... then he acts as if I have never given him anything in his life.

btw, I am only joking about the ring helping me connect with him

Years ago, I had a New Agey, Wiccan friend who was very much into this sort of thing. I used to go with her to the "Magick Shoppe" where they sold herbs and crystals and other new age type stuff. At that time, I was also showing a wire dachsie in obedience. Said dog would do a credible job heeling on lead but once the lead was off, she'd flip me the paw and do her own thing. I tried everything to improve her off leash performance. So I was with my friend in the Magick Shoppe one day and saw and amethyst charm which was supposed to improve your ability to commute psychically. Aha, thinks I, I will buy said charm, carry it in the obedience ring and psychically give additional heel commands to Sundae. Um, my psyic powers must really be poor because even the amulet didn't improve them.

Sundae did finally finish her CD. I think her scores were like 170, 171 and 170.5 with 6 months between qualifying scores. That dog could find more ways to humiliate me. She's been at the Rainbow Bridge for years now and I still miss her, ornery little snot.

Quote Originally Posted by laskiblue View Post
    My mare is a simple soul. I show her an oat and honey granola bar, and we connect very well indeed.
    I guess mine is even simpler. Any kind of food and she'll connect (for as long as the food lasts) with anyone.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

Git ye disbelievers to the manure pile I am the current high bidder @ $1.25
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Well...my grandmother insisted on turquoise saddle charms or horse tack related items. Perhaps that's why I love it so much now. It is rather pretty.

Turquoise- Friends, Accountants and Radio/TV Broadcasters, Horse Riders.
    Throughout history, the turquoise has been a symbol of friendship, even powerful enough to make a friend of an enemy. It has also been viewed as a valuable talisman for people who ride horses. The stone, some say, makes a horse manageable and can prevent nasty falls. Turquoise is considered to be good luck for accountants and radio/TV broadcasters.
    http://www.squidoo.com/sacred_gems
    Last edited by SandSpurSeaHorse; Jan. 27, 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Oops...forgot my source :-)
    You do not have a "right" to own animals, you have the "privilege" and you certainly have the responsibility!

Control the mind, control the body.

U Rats! who outbid me
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

you know I think that turquoise looks lovely on my chestnut pinto and yes, the ring is pretty, its in my watch list

OMG I have one just like it from my childhood! They were common in the late 70s as a crazy form of costume jewelry. No idea how the seller decided it's rare or has energy though. Only energy mine had was disco-ball-sparkles when put in bright light.

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    OMG I have one just like it from my childhood! They were common in the late 70s as a crazy form of costume jewelry. No idea how the seller decided it's rare or has energy though. Only energy mine had was disco-ball-sparkles when put in bright light.
    Because she's magic, so put energy in it of course! But only good magic, although if you want some dark magic she has a friend who can do that

It's shipped in a majilkal box of course! She doesn't do the DARK arts, so it only works on gypsys and Pegasi. The dark version must help you connect with your Friesian....
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Let me make you a browband with Majickal! abilities that would do you far better than that ring!

At least it would sit on the horse's head and not on your hand. . . or, a band with a matching ring! Two-way communication between you and your horse!

Sorry, volume control not included and horse has optional "On/Off" switch to the rider

Yes, tongue in cheek

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

OH WOW.....

You know I have here in the basement, somewhere, a box with all sorts of polished stones, my dad used to sell them, and these are the last remnants.

I really must go dig them out, I may be able to make channeling and healing browbands for my guys.

Whistles happily that she has a project to work on
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Nope you nleed one of those horsey spirit necklace for your horse
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!