The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage riders are an amazing group!

I had the opportunity on Monday to audit part of a Jeremy Steinberg clinic. I went up with my trainer, and got to watch her ride. I'd be lucky at this point to do well at Intro C, so being surrounded by ULR's was rather intimidating. Everyone was so wonderful. They were happy to help me understand something if I didn't get it, and were genuinely interested in my off-breeds, and asking me when I was planning on showing so they could meet them.

Seriously, whoever thinks dressage riders are snobby is missing something. I've never met a more encouraging group of people, and I might just try Intro C with my NSH gelding this summer, lol.

They are a nice group at Hilltop. I'm glad you had fun! (Who are you working with?)

Lucky you! We're lucky that Jeremy comes down here regularly. I got to ride with him for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic.

That's great that the other trainers who were there were kind and helpful as well - those are the kind of people you want to be around!

I had a bit of "but, I'm only a lousy 1st level rider, and my horse is nutty in new places" nervousness about going, but it was great and Jeremy worked with me exactly as I needed to improve on our performance away from home so we can keep getting better.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I loved that guy at the Symposium in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    I loved that guy at the Symposium in San Diego.
    That was what convinced me I wouldn't just be making a fool out of myself if I rode with him. Loved him - he really teaches, and really helps you figure out what you need to do with your horse to get better; none of the attitude I've heard rumors of from some trainers who think it's beneath them to teach someone who's not at a certain level. (Rumors to me because I've never seen it myself.)

Thats great! Our club and the members in it are a lot like that too - very open and welcoming and helpful. Thats how it SHOULD be. Ya know how it is, one bad apple makes a bad name for us all.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    That was what convinced me I wouldn't just be making a fool out of myself if I rode with him. Loved him - he really teaches, and really helps you figure out what you need to do with your horse to get better; none of the attitude I've heard rumors of from some trainers who think it's beneath them to teach someone who's not at a certain level. (Rumors to me because I've never seen it myself.)
    I have met the trainers that think they are above everything. My trainer is all about get you and the horse working together in harmony and no matter what kind of horse or at what level, she is there to help you meet your goals! GO DRESSAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTBMare View Post
    Thats great! Our club and the members in it are a lot like that too - very open and welcoming and helpful. Thats how it SHOULD be. Ya know how it is, one bad apple makes a bad name for us all.
    I'm finding that the more I admire what I see of someone riding, the more polite and kind they are to the humans around them as well. That's not why I admire someone's riding, but it keeps proving to be correlated.