The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Dressage masters on USEF network

I've never watched anything on the USEF network so I don't know how it works. Is it free, or do you have to sign up?

If you are going to be there, bring rain gear for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.worlddressagemasters.com/...n-usef-network

http://www.usefnetwork.com/

Totally free, no sign-in required. Just go to the site, and select the event from the list. Then click play on the live feed.

Thumbs up

Thanks!

I hope the feed works better than the one for the Derby Cross last week; everyone was totally upset with it!

Does anyone know who the 2 riders are who qualified for WMD out of today's grand pix? I can't find the results anywhere.

Saw on Facebook that Heather Blitz and Paragon placed second, but don't know who won.

Ashley and Pop Art won
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

I think ashle and pop art were originally scheduled in the WMD so I wonder if that means the third place horse will be added instead.

I've been watching the jumpers on USEF. Just click and go. It's been pretty good.

Ashley had Breaking Dawn in the Masters. Now that Pop Art can go, can she show both, or does she have to pick one?

Heather Blitz and James Koford will compete in tomorrow's WDM Palm Beach Grand Prix.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia.dasilva View Post
    Heather Blitz and James Koford will compete in tomorrow's WDM Palm Beach Grand Prix.
    This is wonderful news! Congrats and good luck to both of them!

And, FWIW, I believe Heather was allowed in because WDM has been downgraded from CDI5* to CDI4* . Competitors therefore do not have to meet the 5* requirement of two CDI Grand Prix scores of 64% or higher. I think Heather and Paragon only have the one CDI score at the moment...

And Carl Hester and Wie Atlantico have zero

How does a show like that even accept unqualified entries?
    And since Hester and Losos de Muniz have been entered from the beginning without the required scores needed, why did it take until the day before to realize the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    How does a show like that even accept unqualified entries?
    And since Hester and Losos de Muniz have been entered from the beginning without the required scores needed, why did it take until the day before to realize the problem?
    It was brought to the jury's attention after Heather earned the spot (by coming in second). That's when everyone realized it. Yes, big oops but what a relief. It would have been such a shame for the spectators. BTW - I'm posting updates, videos and my general observations on HJU.

The show secretary should have realized it when receiving entries, not the day before the class. The show secretary's job is to know the rules for qualification.

The competitors need to know the rules too!!!

Given the withdrawal of anky and mattias rath leading up to the event, the organizers were probably so thrilled to get a rider of Carl's stature in the lineup that no one focused on the fact that he would be bringing a new horse. I'm glad they were able to reach a compromise to allow them to show as all 3 pairs are super exciting and definitely highlights of the lineup. Just for curiosity sake, what does the downgrade actually mean? Are there any real consequences other than prestige?

No. Money remains the same, point remain the same.

Just shows the power of the halo effect. Hester and Losos de Muniz got in on name alone, but as soon as a newcomer tries to get into the party, its "Wait! Aren't there rules on this?"

It still doesn't excuse the competitors from not knowing they weren't qualified.

I do agree it's a good thing they were able to find a solution, it just shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia.dasilva View Post
    It was brought to the jury's attention after Heather earned the spot (by coming in second). That's when everyone realized it. Yes, big oops but what a relief. It would have been such a shame for the spectators. BTW - I'm posting updates, videos and my general observations on HJU.
    Many thanks for sharing (not to mention the taping and uploading)! I really enjoyed the schooling videos.

Even with heather and paragon, I wonder if anyone would have noticed if there hadn't been so much press about it being his first CDI grand prix