The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Smile Spoke this am 2 animal communicator

Well, I have seen some threads about this so when a few people recommended someone highly I thought I'd give it a chance.....

It was INTERESTING....The person did know things about my horse that isn't general to all horses (u decide)..... anyway, s/he said

My horse has colicked 2 1/2 -3 times this past year (spot on--I did not tell them thisl)

My horse sees better out of her right eye than left.

Her bowels (solar plexer)--or some part of them is impacted which makes her belly sore OR they are smaller than the average horse--and probably will continue to be an issue for the filly.

My horse said the hay is ok now but a couple months ago it was BAD, like twigs. (how could s/he know that, really)

My horse said the water is too cold so she won't drink that much... it makes her cold.

My horse thinks she is beautiful (ok, i know...) but then went on to say my horse knows she has the best butt (hind end) at the barn.... I have to say this is true... she has other problems...but she has a lovely rump!!!! Seriously.

My horse said she doesn't like the trainer at the barn..... Ok, I almost Sxxt myself...... oh my.......

I shall stop here......

Before talking to the person the ONLY THINGS s/he knew about my horse was her age and that she is a "sport horse." She started the conversation and talked for 10 minutes about my mare b4 s/he asked if I had questions.

The point to my post is that I am a believer!!! And even if it's just bull, it was fun to do==albeit expense.

If anyone has questions let me know......... it was fun and interesting

noodle bug

DId you have her ask any questions?

I would LOVE to know what my gelding is thinking.

I have been tempted more than once, do you mind giving a name? (Free advertising).

I did that with several of my horses after my trainer called a woman about her mare and I was amazed at what was said. Her mare asked her what the big horse's girl was celebrating. My trainer was in her mare's stall when the owner of the 17.3hh mare came in all excited because she had been accepted to her first choice college. All the communicator knew about my trainer's horse was that she was a 9 year old chestnut mare.

My pony talked about how he thought he was the most wonderful horse in the barn and everyone liked him. He also thought he was very cute. He talked her ear off about his beautiful tail. He also said he liked his toes a little longer, and since we've been trimming him that way he seems much happier. He has a very balky tendency and we asked him if he would go forward. He grudgingly said he would try.

My now retired horse we talked to when we were deciding whether or not to retire him. We asked him if his tendon hurt after he recovered from a tendon tear. He said no. We asked him if he wanted to do his job. He kept repeating, "I'm happiest now, with the spotted horse." He was outside with a paint pony. We retired him and he's a different horse, he's so happy.

We've talked to our cats too, and they said similar believable things that there is no way a woman on a telephone could get from their names, their colors and their ages.

I would LOVE to do this with my horses!

I want to be an animal communicator to the stars!!!! And maybe have my own TV show too!!!

I used Linda from ISpeakAnnimal (I think that was it), and had her do a reading for my horse and dogs. She came up with some really interesting things. Only knew my horse's name, age, and color. Like when I was telling her which stall he was in, she said "No, He's in a pasture, and really likes the white mare next to him". I insisted he was in his stall, but found out later that day they had switched his turnout time, and he WAS next to a gray, almost white mare.

She also said that he liked jumping, but that we were doing something after the fence that confused him (we were working on lead changes on the corners). Also said that a few days before, he had a lot of fun being out of the ring, but was unsure of the footing (I took him out to the sand hills for the first time.

Also told me that one of my dogs (she said this by name...I told her Just his name), wants to know where his rug is. She said that he thought it was comfy and was gone. The dog had recently had colitis and thrown up on it and I had cleaned it up and put it in the garage until I could have it cleaned. It was an octogon entryway rug that he used to always lay on.

So it was pretty interesting.

I SO want to do this with my horse... But i dont have the money right now

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    I SO want to do this with my horse... But i dont have the money right now
    Same here ! I think it would be So interesting. I've owned my mare since she was born (I owned her mom) so it would be really interesting to see what she would say about me LOL

I for the life of me do not know how this is any different from a palm reader or fortune teller. Horses are not capable of thinking their tails are pretty! They don't know what "pretty" means! They might know their belly hurts or their feet hurt but how in the HE** would they know their toes are too long? Common sense says the water is cold...and that horses don't like it.
    Sorry to rain on this parade but I think it is nothing more than a way to sucker money out of people, just like that sleazy guy on TV does.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    Sorry to rain on this parade but I think it is nothing more than a way to sucker money out of people, just like that sleazy guy on TV does.
    I agree. It honestly is just a money maker for the person doing it. Studies have proven that horses do not drink as much water in the winter and have also proven that horses were more likely to drink warm water than cold...so that's an easy one to to state to a horse owner

Lots of horses have a history of colic, especially those stabled at a show barn, stalled at night, etc. If she was wrong on that, she just would have changed her questioning and moved on to something else. Because her guess on colic was correct, then it's super easy to add in a sore belly, impaction and/or smaller bowels....which would, of course, coincide with a history of colic. And even I had hay a few months ago that had twigs in it.

That being said, I have watched John Edward on TV and saw him on Dr. Phil again a few weeks ago...and while many experts and fellow psychics have explained how this is "pulled off". at the end of the day, he eased people's minds and made them feel better. And I guess at the end of the day, who are we to take that away from another person.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

There will always be skeptics with anything like this, much like there are people who do not believe in spirits, ghosts, the afterlife or God. To each his own and I suppose if people want to 'throw their money away' let them. I, for one, am interested in what would be said, then would like to see if the application of that information changes anything in my horse's life. I have a crabby pony who hates to be brought in for work (DUH, no brainer there) She would love to live outside forever. I would LOVE to have her spoken to and see what she has to say

A friend of mine just had Linda speak with her horses and I have to say, the comments were spot on. From the fact that there *are* a lot of grey horses on the aisle that her grey horse lives on, the bay horse just had his food changed and wanted to know who was responsible for that and that my DD is "very chatty" with all the horses, but the green horse likes that she chats with him the most, she does . She came back with such funny comments that she had no way of knowing

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    Horses are not capable of thinking their tails are pretty! They don't know what "pretty" means!
    How do you know that? Maybe a horse told you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

I did this with my horse and it was amazing. The AC told me things that were spot on and that she had NO way of knowing. For example - she said "He really likes it when you sing to him on the trail rides, it helps him calm down." Now how would she know that I do this?

She also asked him questions and his answers were fascinating. Because it has taken him quite some time to get over his nervous nature, he was worried that I'd get rid of him for a horse that would be calmer. And he promised that he'd be ready to go to shows this year.

I had spoken, in his presence, before she ever came to the barn, about wanting to take him to my house, where I have a barn and a large field, for a "sleepover." He told her he was really very interested in a sleepover but he'd rather just live where I live. He said that all he'd need was a mini for company. (He LOVES minis and ponies.)

So I am a believer too, in the case of this one person.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Well, I have seen some threads about this so when a few people recommended someone highly I thought I'd give it a chance.....

It was INTERESTING....The person did know things about my horse that isn't general to all horses (u decide)..... anyway, s/he said

My horse has colicked 2 1/2 -3 times this past year (spot on--I did not tell them thisl)

If anyone has questions let me know......... it was fun and interesting

noodle bug

How does a horse colic "1/2" a time? There are different kinds of colic and degrees of severity, but I've never heard of a vet billing for treating a "half-colic".

I figure to each his own, spend the money how you wish. As long as it's not taking the place of real medical diagnoses and treatments, or training, no harm done.

I find it hilarious that someone who has in his/her tagline quotes from the Bible, but questions how someone can believe in an AC.

1 members found this post helpful.

What about the things that the AC said that weren't true? Can you remember how many things there were? Also, what do people do when the AC makes an incorrect statement?

These questions are for anyone who has been through the process, which I haven't. Thanks
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

So I have actually considered doing this with one of the ladies.... at this point in time with this particular mare, there really isn't anything left to do. And I figure what is there to lose except maybe my time and money. But if it helps... hmmm... will have to contact Linda, AC and see what happens. Will post back when I get it done. (probably not too soon)

My skeptical side suggests if the AC knows they're going to be talking to you in advance...well...google is an amazing tool and I know I, at least, have said all kinds of things about my horse on the Internet that it might be possible for someone to find and then later tell me even though I never said it to them directly.

That said...I have spoken to an animal communicator, someone else at my old barn brought her out and I decided on the spur of the moment to have her talk to my horse too (she wasn't very expensive).

Here's where I talked about talking with her.

I thought it was neat. I never did try giving him a pumpkin to see what he'd do with it though...maybe I'll try a watermelon once they start showing up in stores.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.