The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question boarding Hunt / Morris County, preferably dressage oriented

Hi All,
    I am looking for a barn in NJ – Hoping for Hunterdon or Southern Morris Counties. Obviously the most important thing to me is knowledgable management and quality care. After that – lots of turnout, access to decent instruction (prefer dressage, but would be willing to take flat lessons with a qualified non-dressage trainer, I don’t jump), minimum of a decent outdoor ring.

I really want to find a barn with a casual atmosphere with nice people and nice trainers. I am very much an AA doing the majority of the riding/training myself on a nice but not fancy draft X. I want to avoid the places where there would be an expectation to show / put my horse in training. I do not see anything wrong with those facilities, it is just not us (at least not yet).

Nice to haves: indoor, trails, onsite shows

Thanks, FB

Diamond Creek in Ringoes is a very nice (and I believe dressage-centric) facility, I've shown there in the past and I believe they host clinics as well

http://diamondcreekfarmllc.com/Home_Page.html

ETA: I think they are in Somerset Cty though

Try Hawk Hollow Ranch in Readington, Sara Schmitt is awesome! S judge and doesn't pressure you to show, Lovely barn with indoor and trails.

Another vote for Hawk Hollow Ranch. Lovely, friendly atmosphere, delightful people, outstanding footing!

Quote Originally Posted by eas1012 View Post
    Diamond Creek in Ringoes is a very nice (and I believe dressage-centric) facility, I've shown there in the past and I believe they host clinics as well

http://diamondcreekfarmllc.com/Home_Page.html

ETA: I think they are in Somerset Cty though
    DCF is in Hunterdon, close to the border of Mercer County. 10 minutes or so south of Flemington, and 5 minutes from the Delaware River.

Mostly dressage riders at the moment, a handful of not-quite-retired hack around types, some jumping occasionally. A short trail loop goes around our hayfield and the neighbors property, but we are not on any real trails. I ship over to Bald Pate mountain, or various parks in Mercer county for serious trail riding.

We are scheduled for 2 ESDCTA schooling shows next year. About 5 professionals available here currently.