The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Charles Plumb Clinic

Hello

Can I get some opinions on Charles Plumb as a clinician? There is a clinic about 2 hours from me in a couple of weeks and I am thinking about taking one of my horses. I would love to hear opinions about his teaching style and how he deals with horses that HATE dressage (the horse I am leaning towards taking has decided that dressage is evil).

Thanks!

Hi ncsuequine! I work for Charlie and have been riding with him for 1.5 years now. He is incredibly patient and a very good teacher who treats everyone as an individual. He has taught many people whose horses have "aversions" to dressage and is patient and correct in teaching them, and I have always ended my lessons feeling better than when I started, he is very positive and I can't stress his patience enough. I think you would really enjoy the clinic and we are offering overnight stabling since you're a bit of a drive!! Feel free to PM me if you have ANY questions

He taught at one my YR camps and was great and well received by everyone.

I would certainly give him a try.

You'll certainly enjoy the clinic, as Charlie is a great instructor and trainer. As HeyJealousy said, Charlie is incredibly patient and kind to both horse and rider, and will focus on the individual areas that specifically need attention. He will put all the pieces together, and the dressage 'aversion' will likely quickly diminish. Definitely attend!