The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking My new girl!

Here she is! With her addition to my herd, I've joined three clubs I've been itching for entrance into: the mare club, the OTTB club, and the Fingerlakes Finest club.

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.proboard...lay&thread=351

Long story short: I tried to buy this girl when she was on the track, but she had sold the day before my call. I've been searching for a horse and haven't found what I'm looking for, browsing craigslist daily. She was on the craigslist for an area I don't usually look in, and the ad was short and simple with no names or photos. Imagine my surprise when the photos I'd drooled over months before ended up in my inbox, with the name to confirm! Her current person has nothing but good things to say about her (and that right hind is normal, just a funky photo/standing position) and she will be at my place next weekend.

She has had (and will continue to have) the winter off with nothing but some ground driving around trails, and I am so excited to hop on her in the spring! I have my heart horse, my gelding, as well, so there's no need to rush with this baby. Jockey Club says she's four, officially she's just three still.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Congratulations. She really is attractive (and flashy)! I love the silvery hair in her tail. I'll bet you can't wait to have her home.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Just wondering. Was she flipped for a great deal more than she brought direct from Finger Lakes?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Just wondering. Was she flipped for a great deal more than she brought direct from Finger Lakes?
    No. She is actually $500 less. Her current owner is in the middle of divorce, has a few other horses, and just wants to see this girl get into a good home. (Which was her initial plan anyway, after restarting her in the spring.) We are already Facebook friends and she is very interested in seeing this girl do well and be happy.

Not shady at all.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Wow, lucky you! I remember her listing and really love her. She looks to be a very sweet classy mare, enjoy!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

She is adorable...........I'm a sucker for bay TB mares with white. Looking forward to updates!
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Congrats. She looks like a gorgeous girl!!! I love my OTTB mare. Hope you have a blast with her!!!

Congrats, she is really nice! And an Artax baby to boot! Our stallion is an Artax son and is SUPER easy. If she is anything like him, you have a real gem on your hands.

If she's even 1/2 as nice smart sweet athletic and amazing as my Artax you have yourself a Gem of a Lifetime enjoy..with her pedigree top and bottom she's a no brainer...

Thanks guys! Part of the reason I got her is because everyone here on COTH RAVES about their Artax babies!
    Well isn't this dandy?

Congrats! She's a cutie

She looks like a lovely horse

Awwe... Shes cute! When somethings ment to be, it will be I got a new gelding a few months ago, and I wanted him before, but it never worked out, but it eventually did, and he's a dream come true!
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Here she is! With her addition to my herd, I've joined three clubs I've been itching for entrance into: the mare club, the OTTB club, and the Fingerlakes Finest club.
    Requires more pictures!!! Who cares if its dead o' winter and we are all miserable and the horses are buried under blankets? Surely there is a new portrait?

Congrats on a lovely mare!!

Seems like it was meant to be!

She's gorgeous, and look at that bling! Didn't lose a sock in the dryer - all 4.
    There's always more to learn if you're willing.

Yay!!! And I agree we need pics to look at and drool over.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Requires more pictures!!! Who cares if its dead o' winter and we are all miserable and the horses are buried under blankets? Surely there is a new portrait?

Congrats on a lovely mare!!
    Sorry, she's not here until this weekend, but I will overload the COTH servers with pics when she arrives, don't worry!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackalini View Post
    Seems like it was meant to be!

She's gorgeous, and look at that bling! Didn't lose a sock in the dryer - all 4.
    Aren't those socks adorable? I have no desire to show her under "R Lady in Blue" so I'm thinking about coming up something "sock" related. But an original one!
    Well isn't this dandy?

Ooo, she is lovely!
    Congrats on your new sweetie!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Aren't those socks adorable? I have no desire to show her under "R Lady in Blue" so I'm thinking about coming up something "sock" related. But an original one!
    Socks and Violins?
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt