The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSA: Albion for $400.00 (brown!)

Browsing my local classifieds, came across this:

vhttp://classifieds.atlanticrider.com/hsx/classifieds.hsx?session_key=&search_and_display_db _button=on&db_id=100845&query=retrieval

The suede is so not-vogue, but that's easily replaced. Could be a good deal for someone!

Tempting, but the link did not want to work.

whoops! I think it should work now!

...maybe not. Try this one!

http://classifieds.atlanticrider.com...uery=retrieval

$400?!? That's gotta be a typo....I sent an e-mail anyways

Tack can be tough to move in our little corner of the world... it's probably not a typo!

It wasn't a typo....and I bought it....

I'm an idiot. I just bought a saddle sight unseen and I have no idea how it's going to fit my horse.

But it's an Albion....and the last few I rode in I loved, so at least I know I will like it.

I'm still an idiot *headdesk*

It's an Original Comfort though, so don't be too disappointed if you have to sell it again. At that price, you should have no trouble on ebay.

Kate - I'm not too sure what you mean by I would have to sell it again? Did I buy a lemon?

I have an Albion Original Comfort. I love it! Unfortunately, it is a 17.5 and I really need an 18". It has a MW tree, so the M would not have done for me. I think that you got a great deal.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

JustABay -- I hope it works out well! I haven't heard anything terrible about the Original Comfort saddles, so fingers are crossed for you

Thanks guys!

I hope it fits - I have a TB who fits well into Prestige, County, Passier and my Childeric jumping saddle...From the pics it looks pretty good, and I have an awesome fitter that can adjust the tree (if it is adjustable). It looks gorgeous, I can't wait to get it! I will report back as soon as it's in my hot little paws!

Now you know the next dilemma....if it fits, I need to buy a new bridle, girth, stirrup leathers, etc. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JustABay View Post
    Kate - I'm not too sure what you mean by I would have to sell it again? Did I buy a lemon?
    I think she meant, if it doesn't fit you or your horse. That is a great buy, and totally agree with others here, you could clean it up, put it on eBay, and make a couple of hundred easy dollars

I did this when I saw a SUPER cheap stubben on ebay. Picked it up, tried it out, sadly didn't fit me or my horse, put it up for sale and am sending it off later today for a tidy profit.

Good luck with the fitting! It's always great getting new (to you!) tack
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

Congratuations! And I actually love the suede seats. So much better than having to wear diaper-like full-seat breeches! I rode in my friend's Albion Legend 5000 that has a suede seat and it was lovely. Now, if I could just get my hands on a Crosby Freestyle II with the suede seat, I'd be a very, very happy girl.

oh, darn...I've been keeping my eyes open for a very talented but poor student whose Original Comfort saddle is ripped in the seat and the billets are letting go, probably not worth fixing. She needs a 17.5 M/W if anyone sees one really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by artisticgold View Post
    oh, darn...I've been keeping my eyes open for a very talented but poor student whose Original Comfort saddle is ripped in the seat and the billets are letting go, probably not worth fixing. She needs a 17.5 M/W if anyone sees one really cheap.
    Is it ripped at the seam or actually in the seat itself? I had a seam repair done where the stitching had just let go. The saddler actually peeled the leather back from the seat and stitched it from underneath. Cost me $125-150. He picks up and drops off to stagecoach. Going that route to repair instead of reseating will be a whole lot cheaper than buying another saddle.

pssst JustABay, inquiring (nosy) minds want to know! Did you get the saddle yet?

Hope it works for The OP. i cannot even sit in those saddles, the twist is so wide. Ouch.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

It's on its way!! Should be here by the end of the week, and there is MUCH anticipation and excitement for its arrival!

I will update as soon as it arrives!

And I do so love a wide twist, I can't ride in one that is too narrow anymore now that my back is all messed up Which rules out the old pancake PDN that I have always wanted to buy for nostalgia's sake

Exciting! I will have to live vicariously through you, because all the saddles I've tried lately have been big old thumbs-down! Hopefully my saddle-fitting luck doesn't carry on to you!