The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My first (and not last) visit to Santa Anita

I was in LA for the weekend (driving down from SF) and realized that I didn't have to leave Sunday morning as I had the day off on Monday.

so we went to Santa Anita...

what a beautiful venue. It may have moved above Hialeah as the most beautiful track I have been to.

Sadly, I had no turf club appropriate clothes and double sadly I couldn't pick a winner although I did manage 1-2-4 and 2-3-4 on my superfectas which was exciting.

I used to only bet to win as I figured I should get good at that before I tried the exotics.

Now I realize my chances of cashing a win bet are about the same as cashing a superfecta (both about 0 these days), so I had fun with the exotics.

I think I will go back for the Breeder's Cup if there are any interesting horses running.

oh and I bought this lovely jacket. love the logo.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/champions_2194_28669217
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

Agreed, that's a great looking logo fleece, Liza!

Did you catch either of the stakes races on Sunday's card?

We had to leave before the 8th race as we were driving to San Francisco but we saw the Santa Ynez for the fillies.

It was a very nice except (except for the betting thing-which is really not why I go).
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton