The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Default What was that movie name???Yes, HR

Okay, in the mid 80s there was a movie about the daughter of a trainer that the son of the owner, big farm owner tries to rape. The barn burns, yada yada, she comes back years later a rich widow or something, buys a place, hires a recovering alchoholic, the rich guy tries to run her ot of the neighborhood and they end up with a horse in the Derby. Best line ever was when the girl jock turns to the a$$hole jock and says "I may be a girl, but I'm not the only mother out here"

Second movie, I barely remember, but it involves a girl and a no hoper and there are horse trails at the track, looks like CA or FL and two guys racing almost run her off the trail? I think sh elived with her grandparents or something
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Re: your first one, I only saw it the once on the original TV run, and I'm not sure I saw it all then anyway, but possibly the Cheryl Ladd-Wayne Rogers miniseries _Bluegrass_? All I remember clearly is that Ladd's character bets the farm (literally) on her colt in the Derby at the end, but I also seem to recall Shawnee Smith in one of her earliest roles as a spunky female jockey, and that one small part would fit in with your recollection.

NO clue about the second one.

Default movies

Yes, that is the 1st one. I don't recall the 2nd one

Yeah, I was guessing Bluegrass... I remember starting to watch it as a kid, being all excited about a horse movie, and then freaking out at the barn fire. I can still picture it. ): Never made it past that part...

Yes, it was Bluegrass with Cheryl Ladd. The second one doesn't sound familiar, but it might be a series like Wildfire (I think that was the title) or a Saddleclub episode.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    Yes, it was Bluegrass with Cheryl Ladd. The second one doesn't sound familiar, but it might be a series like Wildfire (I think that was the title) or a Saddleclub episode.

Ummm. I doubt rape or attempted rape would appear as a storyline in a Saddleclub episode.

If it was "Bluegrass" a snippet of memory arises in my mind that Antony Andrews was in that, and that he is/was a rider and signed to do the movie because he would get a chance to ride.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Yep, Bluegrass!! Thanks!

The second one wasn't a saddleclub. It was definitely a made for tv movie. Would have been early 80's. Wish I could remember.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

was the second one Virginia's Run?
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

http://www.horseandtravel.com/horse_...se_movies.html

Here's a list of some horse movies with the synopsis, and below is a list of tv movies.

Maybe Blue Fire Lady? It's not a complete list, but it's something.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White