The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack Shops in Washington State

Are there any tack shops in Washington State that carries a very wide selection of field boots? I am having quite a bit of trouble finding some that fit locally, so I'm going to have to expand my search.

I am hoping to avoid going custom because of price and time constraints and don't want to rack up huge shipping charges trying to find the right size off the internet.

I am most interested in brands like Sergio Grasso, Der Dau and anything similar.

Thanks in advance!

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

Olson's in Bellevue is very nice and has a pretty good selection. I, however, tried on every single on of their field boots and none fit me well and ended up buying a pair of Mountain Horses from Tack Room Too down in Olympia. I have pretty decent calf muscles from years of Taekwondo and running so most boots gap at my knee. In any case, I love Olson's and TRT and would recommend them to anyone.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

Your best bet would probably be Olson's Tack in Bellevue, just outside Seattle. I'm not sure which brands they carry besides Konigs, Vogel, Dehner and Ariat, but I think they have a few more.
    http://www.olsonstack.com/ Email them and I'm sure they will get back to you promptly.

If you can travel a bit I would check out Gallops in Portland Oregon they usually have lots of stock and are very helpful. Plus there is no sales tax in Oregon. There are a couple of larger tack stores around Everett, Olson's, Gift Horse but I am not as familiar with these. You could also travel to BC there are several tack shops near the border.