The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Music software/programs for freestyle ??

I was wondering what software dressage folks are using to create musical freestyle CD? Any suggestion and recommendations for creating a music for freestyle is very much appreciated.

Audacity is free and pretty easy. If I can figure it out, you can.

Find music YOU like. Look at a video of the horse as you listen to it and see what makes your horse look better (which may not be the exact same beat.) Create a ride To the music, don't cut and paste music to a ride. Have fun.

This link will take you to the free Audacity software.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You may also want to check out my free website:

www.equimusic.com
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

I have both of the programs mentioned and they are easy to use. Problem I have is removing vocals- both programs claim to do it- but getting the out completely is another story. Many times it doesn't go as hoped. I know it's possible to do as the ppl that made my freestyle last year did it, but I must not have advanced enuf software - the audio formats only have two channels and I havent seen a song with only vocals on the channel- its mixed in like a cake.

Which add ons/plug ins are necessary for the audacity or is just the beta version a good place to start?

Thank you . I will uploaded it and play with it.

Mr.GMan--I wish I could help you, but I don't know what you're talking about. I have an older MacPro. It works just fine. I'm sure you can download a version that will work.

It isn't possible to take out vocals unless you own the digital master with all parts on separate tracks. Then you just delete the track. Only the studio which originally recorded the song can take out the vocal. Once all the parts are merged in final mixing, they're in there for good.

If you can, search online for the instrumental version of the song. (If no hits on google or your other favorite sites, try 4shared).
    Last edited by kichiri_kachiri; Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kichiri_kachiri View Post
    If you can, search online for the instrumental version of the song. (If no hits on google or your other favorite sites, try 4shared).
    Thanks. I actually found karaoke version of the songs I like which are available from Amazon for 99. i will play with that and see if I can fuse part together
    thanks again for recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GMan View Post
    Which add ons/plug ins are necessary for the audacity or is just the beta version a good place to start?
    I teach Audacity to undergraduate college students quite often, so I can answer this. The Beta is fine to start. You don't really need plugins. If you plan to export your final file in MP3 format, you'll need the LAME Encoder. The Audacity web site has excellent instructions for installing that.

Audacity's been around for a long time. I do strongly suggest you check out some Youtube tutorials for it; it's easier to learn that program by example. This is one that I made last year for students, and I've queued it up to the 4-minute mark (which is where I actually start talking about the program and showing the main controls):
    http://youtu.be/wyAEGBr1OnI#t=04m00s

And a second, shorter video that students asked me to make of additional Audacity features:
    http://youtu.be/Id7zDQFWGRc

Your next question might be "Where do I get royalty-free music?". Merry Christmas:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-resou...ty-free-music/