The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainer Wanted in CT

Hey guys!!
    I am looking for a trainer (preferably with some dressage experience) in the New Haven County area of CT. I do not have a whole lot of experience in dressage and have a 5 year old OTTB who is more or less incapable of jumping so I wanted to start him in a little dressage so someone with patience would be nice. It is not easy for us to travel so we would need someone who is willing to come to us in Durham, CT a couple times a month.
    If anyone has any names or suggestions I would really appreciate it!! Thank you!!

You might try Jessie Rizzi -- an excellent instructor and rider who free-lances: rizzidressage@gmail.com She is good with all types of horses.

I second Jessie Rizzi. She's fantastic, a wonderful instructor and rider, and very positive! Highly recommend her.

You might try Amy Anderson.

She's patient, professional and honest. Here's her website: http://www.bearpawbarn.com/

She's in Middletown on the Durham side. She has done free-lance in the past, or you can send your horse to her for training/lessons and great care. PM me if you have questions.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Thank you, everyone!
    I will look into each trainer mentioned and see who fits Montana's and my needs best. I appreciate all your suggestions!