The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PPE Vet near Derry/Hampstead/Plaistow, NH?

Potentially going to have a horse vetted in this area in the next week and am interested in any vet recommendations. Preferably one who will go without the buyer in attendance.

Thank you!

Dr. Simon George at Deerfield Vet.

http://www.deerfieldvetclinic.com/

There are others over in that area that i've heard of but don't know much about. Dr. George is great - you'll really like him!

You can also check equinesite.com for the others. I know a bunch in the seacoast but most don't travel that far.
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

If you can have the horse shipped, I highly recommend Dr. Omar Maher at New England Equine Medical Center in Dover NH. He is an excellent sport horse vet.

Also, Dr. Brett Gabby of Essex Equine Bolton MA is very good, (he's my regular vet) and he does go to southern NH.

I can't say enough good things about both of these vets Hope the horse works out for you!

You can't go wrong with Dr. Maher! He's a brilliant vet . He is in Wellington working every other week for the show season down there. I don't know Dr. Gabby at all but i've always heard great things about him.

There is also Andy Kaneps of Kaneps Equine Sports Medicine & Surgery in Beverly, MA. He used to work with Omar at NEEMSC - you can not go wrong with him either! And he does travel .
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Dr. Kaneps is fantastic. Would highly recommend him.