The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Taylormade Horsemanship Clinics Melanie Smith Taylor

My friend sent me a link on Facebook to Taylormade Horsemanship Clinics. It looks like Melanie Smith Taylor and Mindy Bower have clinics set up and lucky for us, one at Hansen Dam in our area. Can't wait for details.

So are you going to share the link?

I don't know how to share links. Just go to Facebook and type in TaylorMade Horsemanship. It has a picture of Taylor in the Olympics over a huge jump Maybe you can help us with a link?

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

Thank you, Rio. When the link is posted, we can indulge ourselves with immediate gratification and not have to Google. The site also gets many more impulse hits.

I would love to go to one of these if they take old people, not just young-uns. Do they do any 3' stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I would love to go to one of these if they take old people, not just young-uns. Do they do any 3' stuff?
    I suppose it could vary by location but there will be both a 2'6" and 3' section at the clinic I am attending.

ETA: This is a clinic with only MST and does not include Mindy

In looking at the Facebook page it shows the clinics are set for participants 25 years or younger and competent at 3'3" or better. HOWEVER, there are also clinics being set that are open to all ages (including adults) with varying jump heights. It sounds like they are working to accomodate all ages. I did see them reference one open clinic for all ages in August in Ocala starting August 17.

I look forward to the evolution of this new program. It should be a fun, new experience.

When she came to Dallas she did a "greenie" section that was for those just starting over crossrails with their horses. I would love to have her at my barn someday! She was quite amazing!

She is terrific! Highly recommend her for all ages and competency levels. She will be doing both regular clinics, and weeklong horsemanship clinics, geared to younger riders, I believe.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Lauriep, I hope that you will be involved in her clinics someday. I hear you are the one "in the know" on the stable management side. It would be great to pick your brain.

Default website

The website is www.taylormadehorsemanship.com. I believe Melanie has opened all the clinics to ALL age groups, and you do not have to be able to jump 3' to participate.

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Glad to know they opened it up to all age groups, I was feeling old that I could not participate!

We are very excited to be attending the Knoxville, TN clinic June 7-10, 2012 at Icon Sporthorses. Icon has rolled out the red carpet to add a ton of extras to the clinic in typical Icon style. There are few spots available. It is going to be a great and educational experience.

See the website taylormadehorsemanship.com for other dates and locations.....

We at Icon are so very excited to be hosting Melanie and Mindy. All of you know how wonderful these two are to work with.

The age and height restrictions have been eliminated and we have a great mixture of riders attending the clinic. In addition to Melanie and Mindy we will have a vet, farrier and chiropractor giving lectures during the clinic.

All the host facilites are awesome so simply pick a date/location that is convenient for you.....you'll not be disappointed!!!!!!

If you have questions regarding Icon please email me at:
    Rhonda@Icon-Sporthorses.com......