I was waiting to announce til it is absolutely final and she's settled in her new home but I don't want anything to start up again. (I am furiously knocking on wood just posting this!) Dancer will be going to a woman in Virginia. Possibly will be bred but nothing definite. A home with 2 other mares. She will be picked up on Thursday. The best part is that the woman insisted on paying for her because she felt taking a horse for free devalues them. The best part not being the money(but that is nice!) but that she cares that much.
Thank you so much to everyone that offered their support.
I don't know if it was inappropriate to say that I was planning to Euth her if I couldn't find a home. I was told to do that by the SPCA. And it seems to me if you were so offended by it you need to wake up and smell the coffee. First my saying that may have saved her. Second, would it be better if you could just live in lalaland and not be aware that these things happen and it is often the better choice. I do know that at the same time a rescue posted the same thing and everybody was jumping in to save those horses. Is Dancer not worthy of saving because I couldn't get a rescue to take her? SusanP I think I tried all those rescues you mentioned if I missed one, really what are the chances that they would take her when 20 others wouldn't.