The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Happy Ending

I was waiting to announce til it is absolutely final and she's settled in her new home but I don't want anything to start up again. (I am furiously knocking on wood just posting this!) Dancer will be going to a woman in Virginia. Possibly will be bred but nothing definite. A home with 2 other mares. She will be picked up on Thursday. The best part is that the woman insisted on paying for her because she felt taking a horse for free devalues them. The best part not being the money(but that is nice!) but that she cares that much.

Thank you so much to everyone that offered their support.

I don't know if it was inappropriate to say that I was planning to Euth her if I couldn't find a home. I was told to do that by the SPCA. And it seems to me if you were so offended by it you need to wake up and smell the coffee. First my saying that may have saved her. Second, would it be better if you could just live in lalaland and not be aware that these things happen and it is often the better choice. I do know that at the same time a rescue posted the same thing and everybody was jumping in to save those horses. Is Dancer not worthy of saving because I couldn't get a rescue to take her? SusanP I think I tried all those rescues you mentioned if I missed one, really what are the chances that they would take her when 20 others wouldn't.

I'm happy for you and Dancer. Let's hope everything works out! If it doesn't work out the woman will let you know, sort of like first refusal?

I am happy for you and Dancer. Glad things worked out.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Congrats! Dancer was lucky to have you, you were taking responsibility for her no matter what. I am so happy for you!

So happy everything has worked out for Dancer. She's a lovely mare and I wish her a long and healthy life with her new owner.

^ ^ Great to see! Best wishes to you and your mare and here new home!

Best wishes for her in her new home. I don't think you were in the wrong at all for considering euthing her. Its kinder than sending her into unknown fate.