The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, I just bought a beautiful one on ebay that I am going to have to resell because it is snug. I'm so disappointed. But I think that the sleeves will be too short for you--we are the same height and they are a bit short for me.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Search eBay men's wool blazer. Lots of cool stuff that will work. Got 2 for $15.00 each. A little tailoring and you have a one of a kind Melton. Check The Snooty Fox in Alphretta Ga also.

I'm bumping up this old thread because I am looking for the same... though I'm not desperate yet. Any good resources for this in or near Colorado? Or is my only option to get something sight unseen?
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Thumbs up jmho!

It doesn't HAVE to be a melton! Just wear any black show coat even! Just buy/wear one big enough to wear some layers underneath; much cheaper maybe? NO one will be checking to see what material your coat is or what weight it is....just any nice black riding jacket would do!
    I second that it's proper for grooms to wear ratcatcher too btw.

I have the Ovation melton hunt coat. It is a 20 oz melton, which is a heavy coat. It is plenty long and has room for layering.

If you do a google search ou will find lots of options for purchasing that coat. The prices vary, but I think the most expensive was $200 and some were much lower.

Happy shopping!

I found one today at MTE!!! Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithfizz View Post
    I'm bumping up this old thread because I am looking for the same... though I'm not desperate yet. Any good resources for this in or near Colorado? Or is my only option to get something sight unseen?
    IDK about Colorado but Middleburg Tack Exchange would be my first go-to. They aren't close to me either but I've called them a bunch of times and had stuff shipped. middleburgtack.com Always had a good experience with them. Good luck!