The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guinea pigs wanted for BNT video viewing

I have been working on editing a video project for a BNT. I am looking for some folks to watch these (or some) and let me know what you think. Feedback. Does it make sense? Etc. Videos are on youtube on restricted links. You can only see them if I send you the links.

These videos will eventually be available for sale so I have to keep track of whom I ask to do this. (No anonymous users.) It wouldn't do for people to 'steal' the videos by downloading them from youtube. (Which is pretty darned easy to do. At least I could do it pretty easily when I wanted to retrieve a video I had lost track of on my computer.)

There are a couple of hours of video total, but it is broken up into 5-22minute parts. You don't have to watch all of it, and I can give you a rough idea of what's on them if that helps narrow it down.

So if anyone is interested and has good bandwidth for youtube watching, let me know.

I'd be interested! Let me know what you want me to watch and what kind of feedback you're looking for
    Gallant Gesture "Liam" 1995 chestnut ottb gelding
    Mr. Painter "Remy" 2006 chestnut ottb gelding
    Stories about our adventures:http://tbatx.wordpress.com

I would love to help
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Can you give us a better idea of for what kind of input you are seeking? Is it more slanted toward how the public would receive it, or more about whatever "warts" we are seeing? You have seen other of my comments on other threads. PM me if you want to discuss this further.

It definitely depends on what you're looking for. I'm interested, but if "is it understandable to the newbie to dressage/does it make sense that you could do what is being suggested" isn't the feedback you're looking for, I'm not the right person.

My identity is easy to figure out, but I would be perfectly happy to give you my full name in PM if you need that info...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I'd be willing to help. As other posters have mentioned, it would be helpful to know what kind of feedback. I'm also a senior designer at a good-sized advertising agency, so I can offer feedback as to any graphics or copy or even marketing advice.

Would be totally willing to give you my full name via PM.
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

Ah geez....I thought you actually wanted Guinea Pigs to make a video for your trainer!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by angel View Post
    Can you give us a better idea of for what kind of input you are seeking? Is it more slanted toward how the public would receive it, or more about whatever "warts" we are seeing? You have seen other of my comments on other threads. PM me if you want to discuss this further.
    I sent everyone PMs.

Basically this is my first attempt to edit this kind of thing so I really have no idea what I am doing. This is not the final edit, however. A professional is going to do the 'real' thing.

Since the final editor is not a horse person, I have served as in intermediary to take the raw footage and try to make up something that conveys the clinicians thoughts, makes sense to viewers, etc.

What I mostly need to know is whether the edited version is comprehensible. I am so familiar with the material presented that I don't think I could tell if someone unfamiliar would find it understandable.

In the end, they may do voiceovers, etc to correct sound problems(at times the sound from the riders mic, in particular, drops down, but that will be worked on by the pro editor) and maybe condense some of the longer footage.

So for now, I am looking to hear from others whether the bits I have cut up and glued together make sense.

Default video project

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    It definitely depends on what you're looking for. I'm interested, but if "is it understandable to the newbie to dressage/does it make sense that you could do what is being suggested" isn't the feedback you're looking for, I'm not the right person.

You are a genius! That is it exactly. So I will go ahead and PM links to 4 of the 'introductory' pieces of video.

Thanks!

I'd be happy to help. I have experience in the broadcast industry and have been involved in editing projects, if that makes a difference.

I'd be interested as well, particularly if you are looking for people new to dressage to say what they think. If it matters, I'm currently in training with an FEI level trainer and my horse and I will show training level this spring.

I would LOVE to do this. If you still need people to do it, I'd be happy to.

If you still want people, please add me. I am a college student and a working student so would appreciate access to the awesome resource and could give feedback!

Ahh ok, Uncle, Uncle, Uncle I give!!

Thanks for the offers of help and those who have replied above I will PM you and arrange to get you links.

I don't think I've ever had such rapid responses to a post. I guess I know how to get people excited. Offer free educational material !!!

Moi aussi s'il vous plait! Merci! (That's about it for my francais.)

All righty. Links have been PM'd so if I missed you then let me know.

Thanks again folks.

Default We have a winner!

So petstorejunkie wins the contest for being the first to review all the videos. Very impressive! And she had some really good comments.

I have PM'd her comments to other viewers to compare.

SnicklefritzG your Inbox is full. I can forward to you if you make some space.

I'm almost done!! My DH keeps asking me what the heck I'm doing on my computer all weekend
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

Thanks Reddfox.

I haven't even added up the total time length of the videos. When I asked my friends, they said, "um, how much video??" It is quite a bit!

I'd be interested as well!