The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face RV camping for Rolex

Looking at going to Rolex for Friday and Saturday night with our RV...the horse park campground is now full! Has anyone had any other places they might have stayed at that you would recommend ? Requirements....full hook up , ideally 50 amp service , would do on 30 amp with at least a dumping station , WIFI that is no further than 20 minutes away IDEALLY!

Your help is much appreciated!

There's a Wal Mart just up the road in Georgetown.
    Click here before you buy.

OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

If you can live without being in a spot with a concrete pad I think you can just show up and park on the grass (semi primitive??). I have done so with a big motor home and was able to plug in. Leveling it so the sliders could go out while parked on the grass was a bit sketchy but people are so damn nice around there that I had plenty of help in no time and managed to get it safely set up!

There is a dumping station.

I guess it might be risky coming that late (I usually show up on the Tuesday or Wednesday) but I wouldn't write it off until you try. It really is the best way to attend Rolex IMO....have had to stay in hotels the last couple years and it is less fun.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Thank you all for the information....it is extremely helpful! Will keep Walmart in mind...lol thanks

SISU27...I agree and have no problem setting up on the grass, just would be concerned if we got turned away....

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERLAND FARM View Post
    Thank you all for the information....it is extremely helpful! Will keep Walmart in mind...lol thanks

SISU27...I agree and have no problem setting up on the grass, just would be concerned if we got turned away....
    If you'd like to call the campground directly and ask, their number is (859)259-4257.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

What was that campground that was recommended for the WEG? I remember a waterfall, but that's just about all.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I would be interested too. I haven't been to Rolex so I'm not sure of the logistics but my friends and I would love to be able to take an RV. I had checked awhile back and the camp grounds were booked so I figured it wouldn't work.
    Five Star Tack

I know this post is from awhile ago but I just thought I would add that I am staying at a campground about 10 miles from the Horse Park called Whispering Hills RV Park in Georgetown. I haven't been there before and I am tent camping but from the pictures it looks like it is all set up for RVs and looks nice.

Here is the website: www.whisperinghillsrv.com

In case you haven't found anything else yet...