The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Default H/J Trainer's Corgi Is LOST in Fairfield County, CT - *UPDATE 12/19/12*

Well known (and loved!) Massachusetts Hunter/Jumper trainer Jordina Ghiggeri (who works for River Wind Farm) is desperately trying to find her LOST CORGI. There is a SUBSTANTIAL REWARD available for his return.

Andrew (aka "Andy") was with Jordina visiting in Westport, CT when he got spooked by fireworks on New Years and ran. He has not been found.

He ran from the top of Guard Hill Rd (near Clinton Ave/Ford Rd) at around 9:30pm. He was reportedly seen on Tuesday in the Wolfpit Road area of Norwalk, CT (about 4 miles away from where he started)o

The area he ran from is NOT familiar to him. The area is not "home". He was on vacation there and normally resides in another state. Thanks to the generosity of River Wind Farm, Jordina has been able to remain in Westport to find him. But she needs help!!! Anyone with any possible sighting or information should call her cell phone at i81-264-5243.

Andy is 11yrs old, loves people (especially kids) and dogs, and is very friendly. He no longer has a collar on. His is microchipped and a quick scan will identify him as well as provide contact information for Jordina.

i people have been kind enough to post his status and photo(s) on their facebook page. However, I know that many of you read this forum while at work and your work has blocked Facebook. Please know that you can find him and his information through other avenues. A quick Google search for "Andy Lost Dog Westport" will find you several options.

Please visit www.PetAmberAlert.com where you can find a flyer with his picture and contact information.
    If I post a link, it doesn't seem to work properly as the site has each animal's flyer done as a pdf file. However, to make your search for him on there SUPER EASY you should know the following: Name - Andy | State - CT | Zip Code -

Andy now has his own Facebook page, "Bring Andy Home". It includes several photos to help someone recognize him (and get an idea of what a wonderful guy he is).

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?__use...user=743913610

*Please know that you don't have to remember the contact phone number of 781-264-5243. Just remember to go to www.PetAmberAlert.com and you can find the number there on his flyer.*

He is dearly loved and greatly missed. Please forward this information to everyone you know - you never know who may know someone in the Westport/Norwalk, CT area. Every pair of eyes helps!
    Last edited by katie16; Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

I would suggest editing the thread title to include a location. People from that area are more likely to notice the thread that way.

This is posted right below your thread at this moment:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=336271

Perhaps you could combine your efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    This is posted right below your thread at this moment:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=336271

Perhaps you could combine your efforts?

That was the "original" post. However many of the few responses received indicated that they felt that the title wasn't helpful in indicating what the thread was about. As I was not the OP I could not change the title. The OP seemed to feel it was appropriate and did not want to change it. Therefore, in the best interest of Andy, I created a new post (as I indicated in the other thread).

The other thread is right below this one because I recently posted information there that I thought might be helpful to anyone who read it. If the mods want to combine them I don't have a problem with it . . . I just want to reunite Andy and Jordina.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    I would suggest editing the thread title to include a location. People from that area are more likely to notice the thread that way.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I have added the Westport/Norwalk area to the title.

I just hope that people outside that area will read it as well and pass the information along. You never know when a friend, or a friend of a friend, might know someone in that area. Every person we can make aware that he is LOST and not a stray or the dog next door is one more that may potentially spot him and help get him reunited with his family.

You don't have to know them to understand that the family is devastated by this and fears greatly for his well-being. Even to those who don't know Jordina and her husband, the tv news report done by Channel 12 on Tuesday illustrates just how evident that is.

Know alot of people from that area, posted on my FB, Hope they find him soon!!

have you tried contacting the Fairfield County Hunt Club, not sure how close, but corgis kind of go hand in hand with horses, the last number i had for them was 203-227-8445.

Hope they find him

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    Know alot of people from that area, posted on my FB, Hope they find him soon!!
    Thank you! The more people who are aware, the better chance he has of being reunited with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter/JumperMom View Post
    have you tried contacting the Fairfield County Hunt Club, not sure how close, but corgis kind of go hand in hand with horses, the last number i had for them was 203-227-8445.

Yes, I believe they were faxed his PetAmberAlert poster.

Other stables that were listed in the area were emailed his photo and information. I am sure there are some that were missed, but we did what we could from a Google search.

Katie,
    I am the stable manager at Ox Ridge Hunt Club. I travel the area you mention just about everyday - I will be on the lookout!!
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

Maybe send a flier to Beval's in New Canaan, too, and ask them to post it by the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by STA View Post
    Katie,
    I am the stable manager at Ox Ridge Hunt Club. I travel the area you mention just about everyday - I will be on the lookout!!
    Thank you!!! Unfortunately he is still missing so we still need many eyes on the lookout for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Maybe send a flier to Beval's in New Canaan, too, and ask them to post it by the front door.
    I emailed the info and photos to them a few days ago. Not sure if they put it up or not. Maybe someone here has been to the store and knows? I am hours away and doing what I can from here.

Just a bump for this thread. It is too important (and near and dear to my heart) to not stay near the top in hopes that more people will be aware and share.

Bump and passed the flyer along to my brother-not far over the state line in NY and has coworkers who live in CT and might be in and around the area.

My husband travels between Westport and Norwalk fairly frequently so he'll be looking too.

I was at Beval today but I don't remember if I saw the flyer

Another tip I've heard is to talk to the mailmen in the area about keeping an eye out. They're walking or driving around the neighborhood all day, and going to every house.

Im sure this has been covered, but have you called the pounds in the area? And search petfinder, a pound may post there to place a dog? Just a thought.

I hope the poor thing is found but why oh why wasn't didn't his owner have him on a leash?