The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Quote Originally Posted by Flurry84 View Post
    Some years ago a Shiloh Shepherd, Rumble, ran away from his people and a massive hunt for him ensued. Many educational articles about terrified runaway dogs were shared on the owner's website.
    You can't leave us hanging like that! Was Rumble ever caught?
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Quote Originally Posted by fair judy View Post
    Kate if you join his Facebook page you can see a wealth of the highest tech energy and investment going into finding Andy. these people aren't just off a turnip truck.
    Perhaps not but the fact remains that over a year later he hasn't been caught.
    Perhaps he doesn't want to be caught?

The amount of money spent on this 'project' would I'm sure fund a small rescue for a year or more.

Comments like yours directed towards those who are making suggestions sounds arrogant and probably spins people away from any further interest in catching this dog.

It is nice to hear the positive wishes. I nearly always regret posting here though because of the negative vibes . can we just pray that this lovable horse show corgi gets home?
    Your posts like this are the only negative vibes.

People are offering up ideas. Why is anything other than swooning a negative vibe to you?

how sad. i simply invited people who aren't familiar with this great story of love for her dog to go to the facebook page. Bring Andy Home.

how sad. i simply invited people who aren't familiar with this great story of love for her dog to go to the facebook page. Bring Andy Home.
    I would believe that if it was not for this line:

I nearly always regret posting here though because of the negative vibes
    I highly doubt anyone wishes this dog would stay not caught. If people did not wish the dog was safely returned to its owner they would not be offering up ideas.

sorry, but Ambitious Kate has been throwing out that "just use snow fence and get him" often...... she lives in CT..... i say go help look or put up signs, or at least inform yourself better by going to the facebook page dedicated to his rescue.

i support the effort and his owners until they say its done. Andy is alive and needs help, his family took the Extraordinary measure to move from their secure jobs and area to help find him AND to help others look. Jordina is paying it forward in the best possible way.

thats it for me on here.

FJ, not everyone can go read the facebook page, so stomping your feet at everyone who has not read every detail there is not helping at all.

To me snow fence seems very reasonable if you know where the dog has made a den.

No one has said the owners are not putting their all into this.

You have a strange way into turning every post that is not simply jingles into an attack that you take personally.

ETA - FJ, sending out snarky PMs is helping how?
    Last edited by trubandloki; Feb. 12, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

I hated to say it so just went on w/o any more about Rumble. He was never found by his owners. As I remember the story, he was always a bit more timid than some Shiloh Shepherds and his breeders really intended to always keep him. However, the seemingly perfect home came along for him and they thought he would fit in wonderfully and have lots more individual attention, etc. There was immediate rapport between the new people and Rumble from the first meeting. So, he went to his new home and someone carelessly opened a door and he bolted. His first owners made herculean efforts to locate him, but despite everything he was never found. The people opened his website to other lost animals, trying to have something good come of his disappearance and their heartache. There were excellent articles about lost dogs included there. Rumble was an incredibly beautiful dog and I hope that his people were able to forgive themselves for ever parting with him.