The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

I really dread this holiday...so many folks get carried away with the fireworks to the point of ridiculousness -

Hoping Andy is found...and all other pets and horses stay safe this holiday week.

Never give up! The other day on TV, they showed 2 older basset hounds who had been dumped off outside of a small animal control building outside of Atlanta. The woman working there scanned the dogs for microchips. The first 2 phone #s were no longer in use by the owner, but on the 3rd and last #, paydirt.

The dogs had disappeared from the owner's home in Tennessee 5 yrs before. The owner now lives in Kansas. Basset rescue grouup arranged to have the dogs shipped to their owner.

Everyone keep up your changes in phone #s with you microchip company. Oh, and the scanner used was shown on tv, and it's "home again," the same company whose scanner reads just about every chip (and my horse vet said the 2 companies with chips that cannot be universally read may be out of business now). When I had Cloudy chipped over a decade ago, the vet in FL used Home Again. When I had Hattie chipped last year, my vet here used Home Again.

I hope Andy is soon home again.

Default Weekend JINGLES & AO ~ for Andy & Family ~

Weekend 'JINGLES & AO' for Andy & Family ~

Thinking of Andy and his team ~ sending GOOD LUCK wishes & some ((hugs)) ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

O drat, I was hoping there might be something new and good on this thread...
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Anyone know what's been going on this summer?
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

I follow the FB feed. Not a lot of news, but it looks like they've been taking Andy's son around the area of sightings and into the enclosures they hope Andy will wander into. Smart thinking, IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...23338351030976
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Any new word on Andy?
    mm

last update was in August that there had been some confirmed sightings but no luck getting Andy yet.

The area he has been hanging out in is pretty heavily wooded so easy for him to hide. Hopefully as the trees lose their leaves there will be more sightings of the little guy.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

There is a post on September 11 on the FB page. Click the red link in my signature and it will take you to it.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

thanks Guin, I'm not allowed to use Facebook at work and the wordpress blog's facebook page feed on the side doesn't show the Sept 11th update.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Default Thanks ~ Appreciate this information ~

Thank you Guin for this update ~

Jingles & AO continue for dear Andy and his family ~

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    There is a post on September 11 on the FB page. Click the red link in my signature and it will take you to it.

I just checked the FB page for Bring Andy Home, and was brought to tears by the 10/1 post. They are moving to CT, where Andy is still "lost".

"Thankfully we have been blessed with a wonderful group of people to have been Andy's ground crew working tirelessly to help us when we can not be there and are at work. Even now that I have an awesome team of tracking dogs to be able to confirm sightings, being so far away is a huge challenge. That being said, we have decided that we need to make that change. Michael and I have sold our home in MA and are in the process of moving to CT to finally be there to get our boy home. I can't go on being so far from him and unable to be there when I get a call, it is the worst pain to have someone tell me they just saw him and the best case scenario is that I can drive there and hours and sometimes days (depending on work) later I can confirm or negate that sighting with Brodie, Nash or Ruckus. But I have never been able to be there right away."

1 members found this post helpful.

How on earth can you catch a dog that's been lost for almost a year? He probably has no recollection of his humans.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

The whole saga is just unreal. Who would have thought it could have so many twists and turns? Or go on for so long?

I wish them the very best of luck in their efforts to find Andy.

I can't even imagine what Jordina is going through. We lost our pup for 2 1/2 days and I was beside myself the whole time. I don't think I would be able to take almost a year of that.

PonyPeep -I know when we lost our girl, I literally watched the relief flood into her face when she snapped out of "survival mode" and finally recognized me. I know the time she was gone was just a drop in the hat compared to Andy, but dogs (and most animals) have better memories than you think. I bet once he's caught and snaps out of it everything will come back very quickly.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Quote Originally Posted by To the MAX View Post

PonyPeep -I know when we lost our girl, I literally watched the relief flood into her face when she snapped out of "survival mode" and finally recognized me. I know the time she was gone was just a drop in the hat compared to Andy, but dogs (and most animals) have better memories than you think. I bet once he's caught and snaps out of it everything will come back very quickly.
    Really? That's fantastic! I'm so glad you found her. I hope the same happens for Andy and his people.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

Wow, its been what a year now? See, maybe I'm rude, but I would buy some kind of netting, tons of it, and string it up on the perimeter of some territory, get a hundred or two hundred volunteers, of which I am certain there are more than enough of, beat the bushes until it ran into the netting, pick it up by the scruff of the neck, put it in a box, and go home and deal with the health and rehabilitation after wards. Honestly, just go get the damn dog.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

I believe he ran off on New Year's Eve when he was spooked by fireworks, IIRC. So not quite a year ago. More like 9.5 months.

Default Jingles & AO continue for ANDY & FAMILY ~

Jingles & AO continue for Andy and his family ~

Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ AO ~ AO ~ Always Optimistic ~

3 years ago, a sweet Corgi was stolen out of the owner's yard. They looked and looked, advertised, etc. - nothing. Then they were looking on Petfinder a week or so ago and saw this Corgi that they "knew" was their stolen dog. It was in a rescue/humane society - they called, told them the story, described the dog and, yes, it was theirs. That little dog recognized its owner almost the minute it saw the "new" people who had come to see it. Very happy reunion.

I know, this dog didn't run away, probably didn't live out in the wild, but was found as a stray or was turned in, I can't remember that, but this little story is about recognition. I bet Andy remembers when they catch up to him. How frustrating for them, and all of us who root for him, that he has been so elusive. One can only hope with the leaves falling off the trees, that there will soon be a new sighting.