The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

I didn't see Randee's or I would have been on that one too. I feel awful for her as well.

Terrible to lose our animals, no matter how. I am so sorry for her to have to go through what she is experiencing!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJump View Post
    Far be it from me to criticize the Andy effort, which has been commendable.

But the Otteridge Safari issue IS horse related. Just wondering why a missing DOG thread is deemed OK by the Moderators while a missing PONY thread, said pony being the dam of several nice PONY HUNTERS from one of the most prominent PONY breeders (Google Eileen Beckman) in the country is closed down and relegated to a spot that most will not see on a regular basis unless they go looking for it specifically. In the meantime the ANDY thread is in our faces all the time thanks to the Andy Zealots.

Double standard much?

Yay for the FB page, what does that have to do with here? Yay for supporting Jordina--how about supporting Randee?
    I agree!! While I also wish for a safe Andy return, I am personally invested in the Safari issue, as I own one of those "nice pony hunters" she is the dam of. That thread was closed down becasue some A-Hole couldnt keep his fingers under control. I am not actually sure why it closed....it certainly didnt seem as out of hand as some threads that seem to keep going.
    Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

So the bad behavior of a person on another thread is a valid reason to criticize the existence of this thread?

I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissTate View Post
    Because people just couldn't help but fight on it, despite being warned several times to knock it off. I don't think it was the topic so much as the fact people just couldn't shut the heck up.

What happened to Randee's thread stunk. What better way to say as a community we are sorry about that than to try to trash another one. Is that it?
    Yeah, I thought that's why the pony thread was closed. Because people kept arguing and getting personal.
    I'm comin', Elizabeth!

come home andy. get your furry corgi butt in a trap or sit still long enough for jordina to find you. A-ROOOOO

Default This Exactly & Jingles & AO for ALL Involved ~

Quote Originally Posted by fair judy View Post
    come home andy. get your furry corgi butt in a trap or sit still long enough for jordina to find you. A-ROOOOO
    This exactly ! and of course ~

Jingles & AO and some extra WEEKEND GOOD LUCK for this "trapping" ~

I miss ANDY and I don't even 'know' him !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I pray hard for any and every person on here who has a missing animal. I cannot fathom how sick I would be were it my pet missing. If you aren't on board, just don't open the thread!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBendPol View Post
    Hey. I'm in New Canaan now and saw an Andy poster on a pole in town. It made me so sad...There was only 1 poster and it is completely water-logged. I wonder if the public is still on alert?

Thank you for the update! The ground crew works hard to replenish posters that are worn out or removed as well as to post new ones in locations not yet covered. They have made a huge effort to make sure that the local community knows that Andy is still missing and that there have been continued recent sightings in the area - he has not been found and this is NOT a cold case!

Could you be more specific about the location of the water-logged poster you saw so that I can forward the information to those who can replace it? Or, if you'd prefer, you can share the information on the Bring Andy Home FB page where the ground crew checks regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...23338351030976

Thank you for your support! I cannot wait for the day to report that he has been captured!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    A year ago a dog I was fostering and who I had placed in what I thought was a forever home got loose and disappeared.
    One year later the SAME dog reappeared on my radar, 20 miles from where she was lost, and coincidentally near the farm where I board. Like andy, the dog could be seen but not approached. People in the area had also watched her survive winter and early spring, even though she was living in woods near a busy 4 lane interstate.
    I asked one of the people who had been leaving food out if they had thought about trying to trap her. Hmmm. nobody thought she would go into a trap.
    Guess what? Trap set and within an hour dog was caught.
    The lady who had the trap took it in her house and opened the door. And this little dog who had been lost for a YEAR quietly came out of the trap and jumped right on her sofa and curled up. She has since settled in and is sleeping in this lady's bed.
    Miracles happen. Never discount a trap. Never underestimate the dog's ability to reconnect.
    Jordina WILL NEVER GIVE UP on Andy!!!! Traps (and larger enclosure traps) continue to be baited and monitored with motion activated video camera (with night vision capability) as well as cameras in other locations. Hopefully, one day he will decide to go into one, (or into someone's fenced in yard (that had a gate left open), or a garage, or shed, etc.). Jordina is doing more than most people could ever imagine - her efforts and dedication have earned her a core of dedicated helpers and a world-wide following of well wishers. Now if Andy would just let himself be caught ...

Katie16, you might want to change the update in the thread title to today's date, just so people know the thread has current information.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
    Hate to say it, but I think the "Andy" sightings are now about as likely as "Elvis" sightings.

I'm a mile or two away from where this happened; more's the pity there is no enforcement of the anti-fireworks ordinance here by disinterested cops. This should not have happened!

However, every night without fail and half the time even in broad daylight, we have whole PACKS of coyotes hunting at full cry--sounds for all the world like the "Wild Hunt" of English legends. The Fairfield Animal Control just published a report today that 5 small dogs have been killed by coyotes in one neighborhood of that town alone recently.

Between cars, no feeding, no medication, and the Wild Hunts aforesaid I think this dog is unfortunately very long gone. Maybe his people should start a fund in his memory to publicize and educate people about unanticipated dangers to pets. Sincere condolences . . .
    You are correct that if the anti-fireworks ordinance was obeyed, this whole situation would not have happened. And who would have expected fireworks at 9:00PM?!?! Regardless, it happened and now Jordina and those who care to are doing all that they can to get Andy back. Blame is not being passed - focus is purely on getting Andy back.

Confirmed sightings DO continue to come in (as well as some that are deemed non-credible or inaccurate). Jordina has devised what appears to be a good system for determining the validity and likelihood that a sighting was indeed Andy. A sighting was confirmed (in his usual area (though it encompasses a 3 mile radius)) as recently as two days ago. I am not sure if there have been others since (maybe, maybe not). We are all aware of the recent warning about coyotes killing several small dogs in the area. Of course it is a huge concern. Every day that he is out there is a concern - there are many things that can harm him (intentionally or otherwise). All we can do is continue to try our best to locate and capture him and pray. Jordina is realistic about the fact that this story may not have the happy ending we all wish for; but she will never give up until she finds him, regardless of what condition he may be in when that happens.

My sister's family lost their standard poodle a few months ago. Unfortunately there were never any sightings or the outpouring of community and cyber-community support. Poor Fifi. We live in Tucson, AZ and coyotes do roam the city streets, but we think someone scooped her up quite quickly. Andy! Get thee home!

Default katie16 ~ thank you for the update ~ Jingles & AO continue for Andy & family ~

katie16 `` thank for the update ~

Jingles & AO continue for Andy and his family ~

Looks like Andy, or a corgi similar to Andy, was sighted up there.

And the owner camped out to try to find him. It is essential that the owner set up camp and watch and wait for her dog, so she's doing that now. It's the best way to get a dog back to his owner.

Here's hoping Andy comes by where his owner is camped out, smells her, and goes to her. Dogs don't forget. heck, neither do cats or horses or other animals.

And a timely reminder to all animal owners- please be careful about your animals this week during any fireworks. That's what made Andy run off in the first place. Six months ago.

I keep hoping for a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Looks like Andy, or a corgi similar to Andy, was sighted up there.

And the owner camped out to try to find him. It is essential that the owner set up camp and watch and wait for her dog, so she's doing that now. It's the best way to get a dog back to his owner.

Here's hoping Andy comes by where his owner is camped out, smells her, and goes to her. Dogs don't forget. heck, neither do cats or horses or other animals.
    Especially with the 4th coming up.

I've been wondering and worrying about that for a while for Jordina. What if July 4th rolls around and she still doesn't have him home. Not a good scenario.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Yes, while my horses are fine with guns and firecrackers, we boarded down the road from the gun club here and then right across the road from them for years, plus all the hunters and husbands of BOs with guns, my aussies always were afraid of firecrackers and gunfire, so I taught them to run to me and/or the car if they were scared.

BO's grandson was shooting off fireworks a few days ago, and Cloudy and Hattie were totally calm. All the hunters at previous barn who walked the pasture fence lines help kept their conditioning up.

I went from Llewellyn Setters who hunted with my father and loved gunfire, to aussies who hated gunfire. And in Atlanta, we had a lot more gunfire than we do in the country.

Here's hoping that Andy gets nabbed by his owner today or tomorrow so he won't have to be afraid of the firecrackers.

Default Jingles & AO for Andy and his family during this holiday weekend ~

EXTRA JINGLES & AO for Andy and his family during this holiday weekend ~

Andy will be 'hunkered' down in his 'safe' place til the all clear ~

Andy is a smart boy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    Especially with the 4th coming up.

I've been wondering and worrying about that for a while for Jordina. What if July 4th rolls around and she still doesn't have him home. Not a good scenario.
    we are all worried about the fireworks, but trying to remember that in his life this was the first time andy was ever spooked by them. it only takes one time, so everyone please keep you pets inside for the duration. here in our berg it is like living in a war zone for weeks.