The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 848
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct. 9, 2008
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstonee View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

    picture of corgie included. caption reads: Please post to your friends in Monroe! This little guy showed up at our home tonite and we do not know who he belongs to. Please call 203-895-8688!

    If you think this is Andrew, please call the number!!

    New to the forum but as the owner of 2 dogs I cannot imagine what I'd do if either of them were lost. Hope this helps!
    I think the stripe between the eyes is too wide to be Andy. And it looks like in the comments on the pic that the dog has already been identified.

    Jingling for Andy's return! I really hope they find the little guy safe and sound.



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstonee View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

    picture of corgie included. caption reads: Please post to your friends in Monroe! This little guy showed up at our home tonite and we do not know who he belongs to. Please call 203-895-8688!

    If you think this is Andrew, please call the number!!

    New to the forum but as the owner of 2 dogs I cannot imagine what I'd do if either of them were lost. Hope this helps!

    No, this is not Andy.

    This little guy's (about one year old) name is George. Unfortunately, George did not have the best owner. He is up for adoption now. His adoption info and story can be found on Petfinder.com

    I hope he finds the loving owner he deserves.



  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    "Semi Good News Update":

    Andy was spotted last night (Tuesday 1/10 at about 10:00pm) behind Pet Supplies Plus on Post Rd on the Westport/Southport line!

    PLEASE continue to share so that people are aware and stay on the lookout for him. Bad weather is coming (as if the below freezing temps weren't enough) and we want to have him reunited soon!

    Might also be worth mentioning in case someone finds him and tries to catch him ... he knows the word "cookie" for a treat/bribe! Pet recovery experts recommend "smelly" foods to help catch him - in particular, hot dogs - (since they are very aromatic and can be broken into several pieces easily).

    There is a substantial reward for his safe return.

    His info, photos and updates can be found on the Facebook page "Bring Andy Home":
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...23338351030976
    Last edited by katie16; Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Can anyone explain how I can modify the thread title to indicate that there is an important update?



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katie16 View Post
    Can anyone explain how I can modify the thread title to indicate that there is an important update?
    "Edit" your first post And click the "go advanced" link...it will let you updtae your title...or you could just add the info to your first post as an ETA
    Barn rat for life

    The Big Horse



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    I sure hope that update is that Andy has been found!!!!!
    friend of bar*ka



  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec. 22, 2000
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    14,886

    Default

    I'm surprised he hasn't been caught yet if he's friendly and people keep spotting him. Especially behind a pet store- there should be no shortage of concerned people (or dog treats) there.



  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I sure hope that update is that Andy has been found!!!!!
    No, not found yet. But we are encouraged to have another sighting last night. (The last sighting before that was an entire week ago on Wolfpit Rd in Norwalk). Andy's owner spoke with the man who saw him and showed him several photos of Andy. The man is CERTAIN that it was Andy.

    Glad to have a direction and area in which to concentrate search efforts and continue to spread the word with loads of flyers.



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't been caught yet if he's friendly and people keep spotting him. Especially behind a pet store- there should be no shortage of concerned people (or dog treats) there.

    Not sure that the guy who saw him last night tried to catch him? I think he just reported the sighting. He is normally very friendly. However, not sure how scared and timid he might be after a week in the wild on his own in a strange town.

    And sadly, this is only the second sighting we have had of him. The first one was a whole week ago yesterday in the Wolfpit Rd area of Norwalk. So having someone spot him again yesterday is renewing our hope that he will be found and reunited with his family.

    At midnight, his owner left her scented clothing and dog treats in the location he was spotted. Word is there is a bagel shop right there too so hopefully he has found a food source and will return . . .

    PLEASE continue to share so that people are aware and stay on the lookout for him. Bad weather is coming (as if the below freezing temps weren't enough) and we want to have him reunited soon!

    Might also be worth mentioning in case someone finds him and tries to catch him ... he knows the word "cookie" for a treat/bribe! Pet recovery experts recommend "smelly" foods to help catch him - in particular, hot dogs - (since they are very aromatic and can be broken into several pieces easily).

    There is a substantial reward for his safe return.

    His info, photos and updates can be found on the Facebook page "Bring Andy Home":
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...23338351030976
    Last edited by katie16; Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM.



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr. 16, 2007
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    573

    Default

    This is killing me and he isn't even mine. I am in PA so I can't come help look for him but I really want to.

    Someone needs to stick with him when spotted and call his owner. How hard can it be to follow a corgi with 3 inch legs?



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2004
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    I will be down that way on Saturday (unfortunately locked in my office until then) and can take a spin around if he is not found before then



  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QM2 View Post
    This is killing me and he isn't even mine. I am in PA so I can't come help look for him but I really want to.

    Someone needs to stick with him when spotted and call his owner. How hard can it be to follow a corgi with 3 inch legs?

    That would be best!

    However, not sure that someone would have the owner's contact info on them - especially someone out tending to their business rather than someone who was out purposely searching for Andy. But, people could keep an eye on him and CALL THE POLICE! I suspect everyone knows how to dial 911, they just don't think of it. Police, animal control and shelters ARE aware and could contact the owner.



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2006
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QM2 View Post
    This is killing me and he isn't even mine. I am in PA so I can't come help look for him but I really want to.

    Someone needs to stick with him when spotted and call his owner. How hard can it be to follow a corgi with 3 inch legs?
    The owner's contact information is not going to magically appear hovering above the dog as it trots around in the bushes behind the petstore. Unless the spotter is aware of this coth thread or the fb feed, he would have to do some research to even find out that there ARE search efforts in place for this dog. Even if the spotter is aware, he would still have to have a smartphone handy or to have kindly added a strangers number into his phone when the notice went out on the off chance he might see the dog a week later.

    Of course I am sympathetic to the dog and owner, but when people start posting "how hard is it to follow a corgi" when somebody DID spot the dog and DID take the time and effort to research and report it, it gets a little silly. Nobody OWES it to anyone or "NEEDS" to stop drop everything and follow this dog around the neighborhood. The spotter performed a KINDNESS, not an OBLIGATION.

    eta I think the dog's personal connections are doing a great job of asking for help in a non-alienating manner.
    Last edited by meupatdoes; Jan. 11, 2012 at 01:18 PM.



  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2004
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    I'm sure you have but have you contacted Fairfield Hunt Club? It is right around the corner from the location he was last spotted



  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ponymom64 View Post
    I'm sure you have but have you contacted Fairfield Hunt Club? It is right around the corner from the location he was last spotted

    Good to know it is right around the corner. I faxed them his PetAmberAlert poster last week. I am not sure if they have been contacted again today. I will fax them the poster again - I wasn't able to find an email for them.



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec. 22, 2000
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    14,886

    Default

    If someone finds a stray animal without a collar or tags, it's not that hard to just call the police, and wait with the animal until the police or animal control shows up. I've done that more than once.

    I wonder if there's a local Pony Club or Girl Scout troop you could appeal to for help. Maybe they could help with a search on Saturday, or hand out/post fliers at all the shops in the area.



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Apr. 16, 2007
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    The owner's contact information is not going to magically appear hovering above the dog as it trots around in the bushes behind the petstore. Unless the spotter is aware of this coth thread or the fb feed, he would have to do some research to even find out that there ARE search efforts in place for this dog. Even if the spotter is aware, he would still have to have a smartphone handy or to have kindly added a strangers number into his phone when the notice went out on the off chance he might see the dog a week later.

    Of course I am sympathetic to the dog and owner, but when people start posting "how hard is it to follow a corgi" when somebody DID spot the dog and DID take the time and effort to research and report it, it gets a little silly. Nobody OWES it to anyone or "NEEDS" to stop drop everything and follow this dog around the neighborhood. The spotter performed a KINDNESS, not an OBLIGATION.

    eta I think the dog's personal connections are doing a great job of asking for help in a non-alienating manner.

    Seriously? Did this thread REALLY need to go in the snippy direction? Get over yourself meupatdoes.



  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jan. 7, 2001
    Location
    Usually too far from the barn
    Posts
    8,714

    Default

    If he was seen near a PetsMart, maybe someone there has seen him and has slipped him treats or nibbles. It's the kind a place where food would be available. Has anyone called the store and informed them about him and left a contact #? Since it is a pet supply store, it's customers are inclined to be sympathetic to the plight of both Andy and his owner.

    I'm going to update the info I posted on my FB page with a mention of his most recent location.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique



  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2004
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    If he was seen near a PetsMart, maybe someone there has seen him and has slipped him treats or nibbles. It's the kind a place where food would be available. Has anyone called the store and informed them about him and left a contact #? Since it is a pet supply store, it's customers are inclined to be sympathetic to the plight of both Andy and his owner.

    I'm going to update the info I posted on my FB page with a mention of his most recent location.
    Thank you for sharing Andy's updated information! We need all the help we can get!

    Yes, I do believe that the store where he was spotted is aware of the situation.



  20. #60
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Bump!
    friend of bar*ka



Similar Threads

  1. corgi is hoarse- blood test shows anemia- scary update
    By springer in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul. 16, 2012, 06:58 PM
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: Jun. 30, 2012, 11:54 PM
  3. Anal glands in corgi - Update!
    By Guin in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May. 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
  4. Update on Dennis the corgi (w/pics), & another?
    By Neighland in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov. 26, 2010, 08:57 PM
  5. Replies: 193
    Last Post: Jul. 6, 2005, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •