The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

I've never seen such a well organized, dedicated group of people trying to help someone find a lost pet. I too come here atleast once a day hoping to hear he's been rescued. Living in Indiana I am obviously not in threes right place to help, but wish I was.

You guys are in my thoughts.. I hope he finds his way back to you as soon as possible.
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Bump. Have been watching and wondering.
    Sandy
    www.sugarbrook.com
    hunter/jumper ponies

No new sightings over the weekend. I'll bet he was tucked away somewhere to ride out the snowstorm.

Hopefully tomorrow, between the warmer weather and the tracker, they will find him!

"Salsa", the tracking dog that came last week, is back on the job for Jordina today!

With five sightings in the same general area on Friday and none over the weekend, we are hopeful that Andy stayed put and hunkered down to ride out the snow storm. We are hopeful that Salsa can point us in the right direction . . .

Additionally, thanks beyond what words can express are felt for those who have assisted in this search effort through financial donations, "boots on the ground" in the area, flyer and website design, and sharing the story and spreading the word to so many. Despite Jordina's outstanding efforts, she would not have been able to do what she has without your assistance. Thank you ALL for your support!

Continued prayers and jingles for a safe return.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Cant wait to hear updates on what Salsa finds!!!

Just sending more good luck!
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Still praying. I desperately want to see an updated title that says FOUND
    "to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people merely exist."

That video brought me to tears....I sure hope he comes home soon. I can only imagine they are all going through.
    Sending strong Corgi vibes from NY!
    "If you've got a horse, you've got a problem"

I'm glad salsa is back - I really hope he can find him, what with all this snow. Dunno if snow makes it harder...
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

I know everyone is anxiously waiting for news, especially good news!

Salsa is in town! She tracked Andy starting at elmwood which Jordina tought was the easiest starting point of all tracks since it was recent and a small street to cover. As they started, a boy came out and told them he saw Andy yesterday and Andy ran. Iincidently the boy is terrified of dogs and he ran too...

Salsa found the track and tracked for quite awhile, they were soaking wet and poor Salsa had already tracked over 6 miles for someone this a.m. She needed some rest! They will touch base tomorrow as they have arranged for a hotel for Salsa and her family!

Thank you all for your help, and support.

darn I want dog found news

Have you guys done a stake-out? I have not read all the posts, but if several of you, including the owner, can sit in a car or camper (take sleeping bags in that cold) overnight, Andy may be found.

A lot of lost animals will come out in evening after people and cars are off the streets, in order to forage for food. Also in early morning before dawn and at dawn for same reasons.

And hand out flyers door to door in the neighborhood where he's been tracked. Make sure all know about reward. People will look (and call you) for the money.

Good luck. I'm hoping he is found this week. And when Andy is found and safely at home, make sure reward is given on tv so the next lost dog will be found sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    darn I want dog found news
    It sure will be wonderful to read that "f" word!

There are so many sightings and then no one can find him. I wonder if he has ever been to the same place more than once. Maybe he is hunkering down during the day and roaming at night. Also, does anyone know, how reliable are the sightings? I really feel that this will be alright. If he had been hit by a car, surely it would be reported with all the publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
    There are so many sightings and then no one can find him. I wonder if he has ever been to the same place more than once. Maybe he is hunkering down during the day and roaming at night. Also, does anyone know, how reliable are the sightings? I really feel that this will be alright. If he had been hit by a car, surely it would be reported with all the publicity.
    Since Jordina hasn't seen him herself, I guess we really don"t know for sure. However, Jordina checks out all of the tips and reported sightings VERY thoroughly and does not make them public knowledge unless she is confident they are more than likely correct.

While we do not know for sure, it is speculated that Andy has been "laying low" due to the snow storm (and today's rain - of which he is not a fan).

Salsa picking up Andy's scent today seems to further validate the sightings.

ive mostly been lurking in this thread but being a shelter worker I have to ask, is anybody actually GOING to the local animal shelters everyday to look? We take in 30,000 animals a year, chips get missed, calling to say "keep an eye out for my corgi" and leaving contact info that may never make it to the people in the back who actually see/handle the animals is not 100% reliable. Every person I walk through my kennel who id's their lost pet says they never thought he would end up here.

Sending more continuous jingles for Andy and his mom. Come on, Andy, so many people want you to be safe at back at home. And your mom NEEDS you!!!

Can't wait to see an update saying Andy is found. It is great that Salsa has been able to track him and there have been sightings. Eventually he will be found. Hopefully sooner rather than later.