The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

I'm surprised that an 11 y/o corgi, obviously a well loved animal has not been caught w/ all these "sightings" and perhaps some kind soul has taken him in and not known to scan him for a microchip? I had a co-worker that found a cat, had it for almost 2 years, ran off, was picked up and taken to a shelter where they scanned it and the cat was re-united w/ the original owner.

I guess what I don't understand is that, with all the previous sightings, why the tracking dogs couldn't track Andy to where he actually is, rather than just confirming that it was him. I know I don't understand dog tracking, but they find other dogs and kids, too. I worry for Andy and his safety and for his family. I commend them for moving to CT to be closer to him, but I fear for his rescue. I don't believe someone has him inside - he has run from everyone who has seen him, but why can't they find him?????

Andy is still missing, but here is an update on his owner for those who are interested.

http://www.westport-news.com/news/ar...#photo-4011254

The ANDY TEAM needs to make a fresh start. the storm blew away so many of Andy's signs, and people forget or believe he must have been found by now. please, if you live in Weston/Westport CT consider joining the revived hunt for this beloved little guy. contact the BRING ANDY HOME page on facebook and help Jordina Ghigherri to find their family pet. most horse show folks probably have seen Andy on the River Wind cart, Jordina worked for Carl before she took the huge leap to help others find their lost pets. We need a sighting, and that means LOTS of eyes looking........EVERYONE here who lives in the area or knows someone who does please help this little guy come home.

ANDY HAS BEEN SIGHTED AND SCENT CONFIRMED. He is alive and inside his known hot zone. jingles and prayers for hard working jordina and michael that they finally have their boy back!!!!! lets have a huge COTH corgi loving roar!!!!!!! join Bring Andy Home on facebook and share his lost poster everywhere.

2 members found this post helpful.

Read the update last night on Facebook! So happy for the good news, now he just has to be caught and reunited with his family!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
    Read the update last night on Facebook! So happy for the good news, now he just has to be caught and reunited with his family!!!
    What is the good news if he has not been caught yet? (I stopped following this thread last year, it was just too sad.) Andy seems to be able to elude everyone, I hate to say it but I have lost hope that he will ever be captured alive, although I hope I am wrong.

If they know where he is, why not track him all the way down with the dogs and/or leave tranquilized bait?

The good news is that the dog is still alive. Living out with cars and trucks and traffic, he's survived. This is amazing, and is cause for hope that he will be reunited with his owners.

But by now, I'd be paying someone with "catcher" dogs to get him. All my dogs and cats and horses are taught to run to me when something happens. This prevents lost animals. And yes, I was totaled on the interstate by an 18 wheeler, and the one surviving dog and 2 17 yoa cats stayed with me. Everyone should teach their animals to run to them when something happens.

I hope that the owners will hire someone who has dogs who will catch and hold the corgi. And I hope Andy will be found safe and sound. He's getting old!

The trouble with using tranqs is that if the animal runs off and gets separated, he can become unconscious and get run over by vehicles or killed by other animals. Or choke on his own saliva. Or freeze to death. They don't show that to you on tv when they tranq wild animals. But it often happens.

If they know where he's "nesting", running off is highly unlikely. I'm not saying chase him down with a CapChur gun (for starers that's too dangerous for any human bystanders) but as they've said before they've found some indication he's living in one place, bait it and wait. The odds of him freezing to death, let alone choking on his own saliva, are remote at best, especially with an oral sedative. (There are people on this board who've actually seen domestic animals and zoo specimens dropped from a distance, you know.) And at this point, wandering around putting up posters is starting to get silly. For some bizarre reason, a pet from one of the more people-oriented breeds is apparently evading capture (my own corgi would have walked up to the first person she ran into as she doesn't care WHO you are, she wants your attention.) Following him at a distance hasn't accomplished anything. Heck, bait a live trap again--at least they might catch another missing dog that isn't Andy.

gothedistance is offline AERC Decade Team - 2000-2010 Premium Member

So glad to hear he's been sighted again. I look at his Facebook page every other day, hoping for good news. Can't wait for the FOUND AND HOME notice to go up - a 12 year old dog still out alone after a year and a month is far too long. He's one smart albeit lost little Corgi.

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Jingles & AO `` millions of both to bring Andy "HOME"

Sunshine Jingles & AO !!!

How fabulous a sighting and scent confirmation !!!!

Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ AO ~ AO Always Optimistic !!!

**** Please Dearest Andy ``` Come out ``` Come out wherever you are !!!

Jingles laced with more patience and strength for his owners ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Great News. He may have just returned to the area where the trackers are used to hearing about sightings of him. He has traveled quite a bit and I'm sure the flooding from Hurricane Sandy altered his usual domain.

The good news is that he has been seen and the search dogs have confirmed it. Jordina is very excited about the sighting. They are setting up bait stations …..I sure hope this it!
    friend of bar*ka

well I hope they find him soon because they're calling for a huge (top 10 ) snowstorm this weekend in New England. And based on the updated news article about andi's owner - now that she has her own set of tracking dogs should be no problem to find this elusive pooch.. right -

It is nice to hear the positive wishes. I nearly always regret posting here though because of the negative vibes . can we just pray that this lovable horse show corgi gets home?

Vibes, negative or positive, aren't what is going to bring him home. Being frustrated with what isn't working is also important because new ideas can come out of that kind of discussion. Hearing that new bait stations or bait traps are being put up for him is good discussion. I'd like to hear more about the techniques which are being used and which ones work and which ones don't and why.

Eyes crossed, fingers twisting and jingling toes aren't what is going to bring Andy home, creative and agressive planning on his recapture is. And smart discussion on why he isn't home yet could help another dog and his searcher's techniques. I'm glad they got a bead on his territory again, and can lay out a trap plan and close in on him. I'd like to hear more about that. How did the new snow help (tracks) or hinder it this week?
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Hey, I know this sounds wierd, but maybe not - if they know his 'lair', can they maybe approach it and surround a large area around it with that orange plastic snow fencing type stuff?
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Kate if you join his Facebook page you can see a wealth of the highest tech energy and investment going into finding Andy. these people aren't just off a turnip truck.

I can't imagine the snow is making it easy for him--my corgi has a terrible time in deep snow because she sinks (someone on here once called them sausage casings full of wet cement--even at a healthy weight they're dense little dogs) and if the snow's more than two inches deep she can't reach the ground without being 'in over her head.' If they can run him down, he may not be able to get very far (I like the snow fencing suggestion, too. Another thing most corgis fail at is steep climbs.)

Some years ago a Shiloh Shepherd, Rumble, ran away from his people and a massive hunt for him ensued. Many educational articles about terrified runaway dogs were shared on the owner's website. When a dog, no matter how friendly and obedient, is frightened off, often their survival instinct kicks in and they are unapproachable by everyone including their owners. Anyone interested in the complete story of Andy and his owner's strategies should read his entire website and facebook page to see what has been accomplished in an effort to capture him without causing him to run further from his hot zone. It is a precarious balance of tracking, scenting, baiting without driving him away. We are praying daily for his return to Jordina and Michael.