The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

BAB, well said.

Think of the videos of soldiers being reunited with their dogs when they get home from a long tour of duty. Different circumstances, to be sure, but there is no doubt the dogs remember them.

My fingers are still crossed for Andy and his people.

I took care of a puppy for three months for people who found it on the side of the road days before they had to go to Europe for an internship.
    Years after I gave the dog back, I returned to the barn where I used to work and the dog was there.

She FLIPPED OUT. The recognition was so obvious people who had never met me were like, "How does she know you?"

Ambitious Kate, I think it takes a special person to say, "just do x and so" when it is so obvious they are doing everything they can. Do you think maybe if it was matter of "just do x" they might have done that before moving their house? Maybe you should organize it and "just" show them how well your idea works.

1 members found this post helpful.

So sorry to read this is still ongoing.
    Yes, BAB, great point about his perhaps being more apparent in fall.

When I got married and had to give up horses, I got into Labs - showed, and had just a couple of litters. One of my original puppy buyers took another from my next litter 3 years later. When I went to drop off some papers, their first "puppy" - a usually well behaved dog, went all goofy when I came to the door. They certainly do remember.

Hoping to see that kind of heart-warming picture for Andy and his family sometime soon.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Is it true that Andy' s family has moved to Connecticut? WOW! Do they have jobs or are they able to devote all their time to the search? This is an amazing saga.

Default Jingles & AO ~ Hoping Andy is HOME for the Holidays !

Jingles & AO ~ please may Andy be Home for the Holidays !

((hugs)) for his family ~
    Last edited by Zu Zu; Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

2 members found this post helpful.

Is he really home??????i missed that part.
    mm

Myrna, AO stands for always optimistic, so Zu Zu was sending her good wishes/ optimism that he will be home. It took me a second to figure out.
    <><

thanks for the clarification........i was hoping that he was home...
    mm

For those of you who may be wondering or have thought that for sure he's a gonner ...

Recent news indicates that ANDY IS STILL OUT THERE! HE HAS BEEN RECENTLY SPOTTED AND THEY HAVE CONFIRMATION IT WAS INDEED ANDY!

For complete details please visit:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...ref=ts&fref=ts

I was just looking at that update a few minutes ago. Unreal that he's still on the loose after all this time.

Come on, Andy. Please come home for Christmas! If not for Christmas, by New Year's night.

Well, I used to be able to see the Facebook page but now it is completely obscured with the sign in form. Don't do Facebook, won't do Facebook.

Anyone want to summarize the latest entries for us FB mavericks?

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Well, I used to be able to see the Facebook page but now it is completely obscured with the sign in form. Don't do Facebook, won't do Facebook. Anyone want to summarize the latest entries for us FB mavericks?
    Posted on Bring Andy Home as of 3 hours ago (copied courtesy of my "avatar" on Facebook <wink wink nudge nudge> who is friends with BAH and visits the page every day for the latest news):

Operation new sign campaign has begun to pay off! I received a call which we were able to verify with the tracking dogs was not Andy. This of course was disappointing, and worrisome after this long stretch with no confirmed sightings. For so long some people would say, no way, impossible how could he still be out there?? Well Andy was so regularly being spotted and the calls were so consistent that it was easy to respond with full confidence, yes he is! Well this stretch of quiet phone, nothing leading to anything and of course the fear that the storm had forced Andy into another area thus having to start all over was overwhelming at times. UNTIL...
    We received a call this week just outside of Andy's most travelled area, close enough to be easy to relocate to, however far enough to be outside of Andy's most aware residents. So thankfully we had the super team of tracking dogs and they confirmed this sighting!!! They continued and headed exactly where he was reported to have been going.
    ANDY has been SEEN!!!!
    So team Andy is in action, operation new signs has continued, now with concentration in areas we have confirmed he has been traveling in very recently. He is not heading away, he is heading back slightly to where he was lost and slightly in my direction, though he does not know we have moved here since his disappearance, and doesn't know how close we are, I can't help but look outside in the morning and hope to see his smiling face
    I hope we continue to get calls, I hope more people become aware that he is still there, that YES it is possible, and YES if you think you saw him please call! I appreciate each and every call from someone who thinks there is even a small slight chance it was him, it all helps us piece together Andy's ever changing puzzle. A puzzle I so badly want to solve now, in time for Andy to be sleeping under his Christmas stocking once again. It is hanging and waiting for him
    Thank you everyone for you ongoing support and faith in our little corgi, the love for him without having met him is so touching and special. He is such a special guy and we all miss him so much and can't wait to have him back home with his family.
    xo Jordina, Michael, Hallie, Taz and Andy from somewhere out there too

7 members found this post helpful.

Thanks, pdq. Good to know that he's still out there, that stubborn little cuss.

I almost can't believe it. I keep hoping he'll have been found everytime this thread is bumped...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Still hoping and praying that Andy is home for Christmas! Blessings.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Default Thanks for updates ~ Jingles & AO continue for Mr. Andy & his family

Thanks for updates ~

Jingles & AO continue for Mr. Andy and his family ~

Just some questions, what were corgi's bred for? Do they hunt rabbits or rats like say a JRT? Does anyone know what Andy has been eating, or has food been left out for him?

Ok I just googled a bit and it said that they were bred for herding and eliminating vermin. Which is what I wanted to know.

And I was wondering if anybody has gone out in the closest area he has been seen and used a rabbit call on him to lure him out. Because if he has gone feral and is now hunting for his food he might respond to a call. They are meant to sound like an injured rabbit, and that noise is a huge attractant to predators. Hunters use them all the time to lure coyotes out. You can buy them at any hunting store.

Just a thought, and maybe someone can pass this info out to his owners, since I am not on FB, might not work, but anything helpful right?

Default JINGLES & AO for ANDY and his family ~

Jingles & AO for Andy and his family !

May this New Year start with this handsome boy snuggled back into his house life ~

Thoughts and prayers ~