The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can this horse be registered? More info added post 1

Doing some research for a friend. Did a couple of searches on-line last night and wasn't too successful. Nice mare is Oldenburg/Belgian cross - sire and dam are both registered with respective registries (although I don't know which is which). Sport horse registry perhaps? Any other options?

Thanks!

Turns out the sire is the Oldenburg and it's Frohwind . . .
    Last edited by Tiger Horse; Jan. 6, 2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: I can't spell today!
    "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

if you just want her recorded for bloodline/awards you can go AWS. Approval for breeding since she is not 100% draft can be obtained also through them

http://www.americanwarmblood.org/eligibility.html
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

are sire/dam breeding approved with any registry or just registered?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

is Belgian referring to the draft breed or to Belgian warmblood?

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Quote Originally Posted by SGray View Post
    are sire/dam breeding approved with any registry or just registered?
    I believe they are just registered, not approved with any registry - but, I will double check. Thanks!
    "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    if you just want her recorded for bloodline/awards you can go AWS. Approval for breeding since she is not 100% draft can be obtained also through them

http://www.americanwarmblood.org/eligibility.html
    Thanks!

is Belgian referring to the draft breed or to Belgian warmblood?
    Sorry, Belgian as in the draft breed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Horse View Post
    Any other options?

Thanks!
    yes, send me $250 and I will write you up some papers; add $100 if you want Registry #0001, add $500 if you want to name the Registry

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    yes, send me $250 and I will write you up some papers; add $100 if you want Registry #0001, add $500 if you want to name the Registry
    Hey, no one laugh, a female started her own vanity registry for gaited Appy's. Charge people big bucks for regular Indian shufflers. I knew a lady who bought her Apps from the female and was shocked to find it wasn't a recognized registry. I say female instead of lady because from talking with her on the phone, she was just plain vile.

So, if anyone is creative, here's niche.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Hey, no one laugh, a female started her own vanity registry for gaited Appy's. Charge people big bucks for regular Indian shufflers. I knew a lady who bought her Apps from the female and was shocked to find it wasn't a recognized registry. I say female instead of lady because from talking with her on the phone, she was just plain vile.

If you're talking about the Tiger Horse Registry - I actually registered my gaited mare with them! It wasn't expensive and since I had no idea what my mare's actual breeding was- she did fit all the criteria - it was nice to be able to tell people something when they asked me what breed she was . . .

Don't know who you dealt with and when, but all the folks there were extremely helpful during the process.

Hey, no one laugh, a female started her own vanity registry for gaited Appy's.

Sorry - I'm taking this off topic for a second I own a Fjord X, and regularly joke about creating a registry for the "Norwegan Warmblood Pony" just for him!

If you're talking about the Tiger Horse Registry - I actually registered my gaited mare with them! It wasn't expensive and since I had no idea what my mare's actual breeding was- she did fit all the criteria - it was nice to be able to tell people something when they asked me what breed she was . . .

Don't know who you dealt with and when, but all the folks there were extremely helpful during the process.
    No, not that one. I used to know some of those gals. It's been years since I talked to any of them. I'm talking about a single female who had a registry. It was basically a vanity registry.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Far_North_Equestrian View Post
    Sorry - I'm taking this off topic for a second I own a Fjord X, and regularly joke about creating a registry for the "Norwegan Warmblood Pony" just for him!
    Far_North, I own the foundation mare (and sole registrant) of the Redneck Warmblood registry.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Far_North_Equestrian View Post
    Great minds think alike.... FNE

I have a Clydsdale/Standardbred cross. I invented my own "registry" so when non-horsie people say "Ooooh, what breed is she?!" I can confidently say "Oh, Penny is an American Cob."

I now return you to your regular thread.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Doing some research for a friend. Did a couple of searches on-line last night and wasn't too successful. Nice mare is Oldenburg/Belgian cross - sire and dam are both registered with respective registries (although I don't know which is which). Sport horse registry perhaps? Any other options?

Thanks!

Turns out the sire is the Oldenburg and it's Frohwind . . .
    perhaps a Certificate of Pedigree....would that work for you?

Something similar happened with Irish Sport Horses. Someone who owned a stallion who failed the IDHSNA inspection started her own registry. Someone on COTH mentioned that a friend had bought a filly from that person and was surprised to learn that it wasn't a bona fide registry.

When I went to the website there were pictures of Irish horses "on the farm and for sale" One was Sophie, another was her mom Beeza and three belong to PatO aka Columbus
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

perhaps a Certificate of Pedigree....would that work for you?
    Might - not sure what her objective is, although I don't think she'll be breeding this mare. Registration just might be to make her more marketable . . .
    Last edited by Tiger Horse; Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: correction