The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another Craigslist SCORE!!!!!!!!

as I'm gearing up, and getting ready to have the outdoor washrack fully matted in interlocking mats, and my new 'on demand' hot water heater (thank a yew, SANTA!!!) set up...I knew in the 'U' shaped washrack area, that I wanted a counter top to wrap like an L on two sides, with a sink in that area under the hot water set up.
    Um....hello? A 10 ft x 4 ft HUNTER GREEN CORIAN L shaped WITH Corian SINK?....(my gates are all hunter green).....best part: (drum roll, please: $150)

HAPPY NEW YEAR and NEW WASHRACK to meeeeee!
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

Last edited by smokygirl; Jan. 2, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

You cannot post this without photos! I cry foul!!!

Do you just sit on craigslist and wait for great things to show up?

...I promise, photos will be added, but right now I shouldn't count my counters before they hatch, I guess. With it being New Years, seller and I have arranged a pick up/purchase later this week.

KR...I'm having the washrack work (mats/etc) done at the barn very soon, (which is why I asked Santa for the on demand hot water heater) so I have been cruising CL pretty frequently searching for a counter / idea. Originally, I was just going to have my barn guy 'build' a pressure treated counter top (think: fish cleaning station type/or even picnic table type) But always knew IF I could find a corian tear out that product would be perfect.

The washrack area is actually 'too' wide, and will accomodate a nice 2 ft. wrap counter very well.

now my hurdle will be: how do I fit a 10 ft. long counter into my pick up bed!? hmmm....might be easier to just plan on hauling the trailer.
    Last edited by ayrabz; Jan. 1, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

I am anxious to see it all put together! I don't have a wash rack at my place, but you have inspired me to tackle this project in the spring!

You sure lucked out! Can't wait to see it finished! Way to go!

Yeah for Craigs list..we score 4 fully assembled sliding stall doors w/ all the ball bearing tracks and hardware...6 stall screens heavy duty w/ yokes, 10 water buckets, 10 feed tubs a 50 gallon Rubbermade water trougth, and a leg soaking tub..$500.00...and a great afternoon going to pick it w/ my DH

Quote Originally Posted by ayrabz View Post
    as I'm gearing up, and getting ready to have the outdoor washrack fully matted in interlocking mats, and my new 'on demand' hot water heater (thank a yew, SANTA!!!) set up...I knew in the 'U' shaped washrack area, that I wanted a counter top to wrap like an L on two sides, with a sink in that area under the hot water set up.
    Um....hello? A 10 ft x 4 ft HUNTER GREEN CORIAN L shaped WITH Corian SINK?....(my gates are all hunter green).....best part: (drum roll, please: $150)

HAPPY NEW YEAR and NEW WASHRACK to meeeeee!
    I am jealous. Way to go. My mare needs a tail wash soooo badly, and it is like 10 degrees here. Oy...

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I'm hauling my trailer for pickup....and Judy BRP...now THATs a great score!!! )
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

Great deals!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

That is a serious score!! I was just looking at a Corian boot jack that was $120!! A boot jack!! It was cool though....
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Happy Dance! Its mine! I had a great road trip. Got to the barn, waved at pony in the pasture, and hooked up trailer. Drove about 2.5 hrs away, through VA, West VA and into MD...I'm sure I got funny looks with the horse trailer in the subdivision.....but it was a good call to bring it! Got the sucker into the trailer, no sweat (!) (and yes..its purty) and headed back on the highways. Beautiful drive through BEAUTIFUL country, farms BEEEYOND gorgeous to look at and sigh over. Sun was out, mountains were welcoming. My corian counter and inset corian sink fills up my trailer front to back on a slant (!) but its in there! Parked back at the barn for now, awaiting the next leg of the journey to the widdle farm 'at home'....will add in the new hot water heater from under the tree and will bring em both to their final resting place soon!
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

great update.

but you do know that we aren't really going to believe you until we see PHOTOS. pretty please
    * trying hard to be the person that my horses think i am

ok, so...I am trying to figure out how to load the CL pix of the item to photobucket so I can post it here. (yes...I'm techno challenged.) but even when/if I can, it will be awhile before you see it in the 'washrack'!
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

OK CRAIGS list junkies while hubby is busy w/ Army flying duties I am looking for a few more 4 x 6 (?) rubber stall mats...MD VA WV DE PA NJ

HAHAHA...JudyBRP...I'll be on the lookout. Now, with stallmats, I've found watch the sales IF you've got a local place that will stock em...they're so often just as cheap as folks wanna let them go 'used' for...or, the 'used' ones are REALLLLY used. (bought my first 4 from my BO, used, but still paid (!) $40 each. Yes, they're nice ones, but....I've gone to the dark side and want all interlocking now, anyway. ) I figure what I save on the Craigslist items allows me that luxury.

speaking of: as I said, its NOT a good photo, but this is the pix from the Craigslist ad:
    http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/t...countertop.jpg

I also got all backsplashes and a separate 2x2 piece....
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

Ooooooo nice! Please update the thread when it's installed!!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.