The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Must Find Andrew

Andrew, known to all his friends as Andy, is an 11 yr old Corgi, best friend and loyal companion. While visiting friends on New Years Eve, Andy took fright and ran to escape the noise, lights and heavy blasting, lighting up the night around 11 pm. Last seen on Guard Hill Road, top of Clinton Ave/Ford Road, Westport, CT.
    PLEASE, please help us find Andrew, he is an important family member! Contact Jordina Ghiggeri's cell phone 781 264 5243.

Please PM for photos

Posting this on my FB. Also repost on the Menagerie board, which is more dog-related.

Also emailed to my sister in law who lives in Greenwich.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Smile

I hope you find him soon !

Please add some more info to your title especially "location and lost corgi"

Bump
    friend of bar*ka

I agree with Addison, add more info in your title. I hope you find Andy soon, please keep us posted.

Hi Guys
    I did post in Menagerie column - also went in to edit title as suggested but how is the question ? I can edit body but didn't see how to edit Title. Did it this way I wanted it to catch the reader's eye .
    He was seen last night on Wolf Pit Ave Norwalk, CT - about 5 miles in a straight line from where he ran from fireworks. Andy is 11 yrs old, well traveled, never had issues like this before. He is super friendly, loves children, dogs and I am sure will head for any stable looking for his family.
    Last edited by Northern Diplomat; Jan. 4, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: change of address

Please post this also on mycorgi.com the more people who know, the better. Good luck finding him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Diplomat View Post
    Hi Guys
    I did post in Menagerie column - also went in to edit title as suggested but how is the question ? I can edit body but didn't see how to edit Title. Did it this way I wanted it to catch the reader's eye .
    Click on edit, then click on advanced, and you can edit the title.

You might also want to post a link to his picture.

He was seen last night on Wolf Pit Ave Norwalk, CT - about 5 miles in a straight line from where he ran from fireworks.
    That is a long way for those short little Corgi legs to travel. Have you called the barns in the area as well? Maybe someone in one of them took him in.

Here is link to his photos and owners facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/4furrykids?...rykids?sk=wall

I am going to leave the title - it says it all 'Please Find Andrew'.

Come on guys - you have found so many that have been lost, now we need to find Andy. He lives in Plymouth Mass and was visiting extended family in Westport CT when he panicked. Someone recognized him on Wolf Pit road in Norwalk, 5 miles away. He has to be somewhere. He loves, loves, loves kids & dogs and he knows Mom will be somewhere around horses, so he will be looking for her for sure.

I am going to leave the title - it says it all 'Please Find Andrew'.
    Most people on this forum will think it refers to a sold horse, not a lost dog.

Why wouldn't you make it as clear as possible, and especially include the location, to improve the chance of success?

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Most people on this forum will think it refers to a sold horse, not a lost dog.

Why wouldn't you make it as clear as possible, and especially include the location, to improve the chance of success?
    I clicked on the thread thinking it was a cool show name for a horse. Almost didn't read the first post entirely until I realized it was about a lost dog.

Is he microchipped? If he's chipped with a HomeAgain chip, they will fax and email every member, shelter, and clinic a flyer with his picture and info within a 15 or so mile radius of the location he went missing from.
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

I assume you have contacted the police departments, pounds, local newspapers, Craigslist and vets in the area?

They are the people most likely to be involved with a lost dog.

Is Andy microchipped? ANY more information will help find him.

Today a lost German Shepherd was wandering around my farm. He had a collar with a rabies tag from Canada. He has been returned to his vacationing owners because of the tag.

Hopefully concerned people (like we all are) will find him and recognize that he is a lost, but much loved pet.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

According to an account I read somewhere, he is microchipped but without a collar. It may have said he slipped the collar when he got scared.

Has anyone checked to see if he is on his way home? I was just watching the Today Show, where Ollie the corgi was presumed lost with his young owner, who was killed in an avalanche. Four days later Ollie was sitting outside the door of the hotel where his owners had been vacationing when the young man was lost. Andy may be on his way home to Mass.

As one who has been active in trying to spread the word and help find Andy, I must agree with above posters regarding the title of the thread. As someone familiar with the story, the title intrigued me enough to click on it - if I was not familiar with Andrew's plight, I probably would not have. That said, I will start a new thread with, hopefully, a title that may encourage more people to check it out. The more people we can make aware of the situation the better.

For those following this thread that may not be able to view the Facebook link (as I know some of you are at work and the site is blocked ),

Please visit www.PetAmberAlert.com where you can find a flyer with his picture and contact information. If I post a link, it doesn't seem to work properly as the site has each animal's flyer done as a pdf file. However, to make your search for him on there SUPER EASY you should know the following: Name - Andy State - CT Zip Code - 06851

There is a SUBSTANTIAL REWARD available for his return.

Additional info: Collar is no longer on him. He DOES have a microchip so a quick scan can identify him and provide contact information. The area he ran from is NOT familiar to him. He was on vacation there and normally resides in another state.

He is dearly loved and greatly missed. Please forward this information to everyone you know - you never know who may know someone in the Westport/Norwalk, CT area. Every pair of eyes helps!

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Has anyone checked to see if he is on his way home? I was just watching the Today Show, where Ollie the corgi was presumed lost with his young owner, who was killed in an avalanche. Four days later Ollie was sitting outside the door of the hotel where his owners had been vacationing when the young man was lost. Andy may be on his way home to Mass.

Oh Lord I hope not . . . true home (in Massachusetts) is approximately 200 miles away - and that's via Interstate 95.

However, his owner has been able to remain in the "home" in Westport from which he ran while she tries to find him. She has put clothing items with her scent on them out in the yard and such (along with food and water) in hopes that he will find his way there.

Quote Originally Posted by katie16 View Post
    Oh Lord I hope not . . . true home (in Massachusetts) is approximately 200 miles away - and that's via Interstate 95.
    Yes, I know he lives in Mass., but its not unusual for a dog to make his way home, despite long distances.

I shared the FB page on mine. I have lots of friends and family in NE (Plymouth in fact for many) so maybe someone will see the little guy.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique