The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Our tackroom right now is a spare room behind the garage, across from the barn:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2-20-07280.jpg
    Blue, how far apart are your saddle racks mounted from the back center piece? Thanks in advance!
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

ASB- how does that laminate wood hold up to water, mud, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post
    For bridles, helmets and the other stuff that we hang in the aisle my husband built these this summer.

http://terraoasis.wordpress.com/2011...ets-installed/

Initially, I had saddle storage upstairs, but when I decided that 7 horses was too many, I converted the 7th stall to a tack stall and moved the saddle racks downstairs to the spare stall. No pictures of that.
    Like your tack cabinets, but LOVE your blanket bars!!!! Where did you get them?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Catersun View Post
    Blue, how far apart are your saddle racks mounted from the back center piece? Thanks in advance!
    The saddle racks are portable, sit on legs, I can move them wherever I want them and do just that some times.

If we are riding more, I move them to the wall across the door and move the trunk where they are.
    That makes getting several saddles out easier.

Bluey, willing to play around with yours for me a touch? I need once side to fit Dh's western saddles and my side to fit my english saddles... would you measure how far apart you have them when you can access your saddles easily? Pretty Please??
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

I'm too embarrassed to show pictures, but my tack room started with a good idea. When we bought our place, the previous owner had torn down a third of the barn (it was originally 30x30, now it's 30x24) We filled the downstairs with four stalls and an aisle, so we put the tack room upstairs. (We do have stairs going up to both the 2nd and 3rd floors.) The wood from the part of the barn he tore down was just thrown in a pile, and I scavenged the tongue and groove boards that had been the 2nd and 3rd floor floorboards. Then I framed in the walls of the tackroom and used the tongue and groove for the interior walls. It looks cool. We also used an old sliding glass door (there was a lot of junk left here!) as part of the wall on the south side, you can look out the window and see the outdoor riding ring. It's a viewing area! Unfortunately it's a mess, so I won't share pictures. We have some store bought saddle racks and some homemade, same with the bridle racks, some store bought, some tuna cans. Extra stuff hangs on nails. Trunks for wraps, saddle pads and spare tack line the walls. We have an old seat from a van that we use for seating. (I did mention the previous owner left a lot of junk, right?) One wall has hooks for all the leather halters with nameplates from our previous horses. Sort of a memorial wall. We are basically a small family farm with an occasional boarder.

1 members found this post helpful.

Dad made my cabinet has shelves and drawers behind doors. Hubby finished walls with leftover t/g, floors are concrete pavers

http://s1269.beta.photobucket.com/us...brary/Tackroom
    "They spend 11 months stuggling to live, and 25 years trying to die" my farrier

"They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle"