The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Serenity/Firefly

Just a heads up, since there are so many "Firefly" fans here, that my local listings show that "Serenity," the movie based on the series, will be showing on the Syfy channel tonight from 6:30 to 9:00 PM.

Wouldn't hurt to check and see if you can get it, too.

That said, I'm a new fan and I've been doling out the "Firefly" episodes to myself once in a very great while, to make them last. So, I don't think I'll watch "Serenity" tonight. I want to save it until I'm through with the series.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Yes, definitely wait til you have watched the series before watching the movie. You have great self control, though, I think I watched all the Firefly episodes in one week last year. Since then I've watched them again once or twice. So don't think it's "over" till you've watched them multiple times

Totally agree about waiting to see the movie until you've seen the show. I watched it first without having seen the series and really didn't like it. Rewatched it after I saw the series and loved it. All their bantering and the back story in the film comes across as cheap or obnoxious when you don't already "know" the characters, but once you do it's a nice way to sort of wrap up a series that was cancelled way too early.

I think at the very least you have to watch the pilot and another episode or two before you watch the movie. It's better if you see the whole series though.

Yeah. I saw Serenity before Firefly. It's better the other way around. I lasted a few weeks on Firefly. SOOOOO sad it's gone. I just want those characters back so bad.

Too many commercials. I have the movie and TV series...lots better to watch it uninterrupted.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Definitely watch all the episodes before the movie! Such a good show. Love the reference in last year's Halloween episode of Castle where Nathan Fillion came out wearing his Malcolm Reynolds costume!

Quote Originally Posted by CosMonster View Post
    Totally agree about waiting to see the movie until you've seen the show. I watched it first without having seen the series and really didn't like it. Rewatched it after I saw the series and loved it. All their bantering and the back story in the film comes across as cheap or obnoxious when you don't already "know" the characters, but once you do it's a nice way to sort of wrap up a series that was cancelled way too early.

I think at the very least you have to watch the pilot and another episode or two before you watch the movie. It's better if you see the whole series though.
    That was my initial experience with Serenity, too :-) MrB put it on the tv when we were first dating, and I was SO not into sci fi, was confused, etc. Totally forgot about it until three years later when he found Firefly on dvd. I played along and decided to watch the show,... And five minutes later I was hooked :-) and ooooh how I cried during the movie! Hehe. It was one of those shows that I just MISSED those characters after it was all done. Sigh :-)
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

I saw Serenity first and was hooked! Then I bought the Firefly series on DVD and downloaded to my laptop. I had a marathon over a long weekend. What a damn fun show and I wish it were still around.

Serenity is in the $5.00 bin at Walmart.

I watched Serenity first, then bought the Firefly DVDs from Amazon and watched them in about two days. I'm planning to re-watch them this weekend. Love the show- so well written and acted!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!