The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jeans-is it just me?

I am not a super odd shape, but I am short do other people have trouble finding good fitting jeans? I know my "farm" jeans dont fit as nice "designer" types of jeans. How do toher people find their "body" type jeans. Also, I HATE the low-rise thing.

tx
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

I have a terrible time finding jeans that fit me; I'm tiny. I end up trying on every pair of jeans that I want to buy (I can't just find ones in my size and assume they'll fit), and I've only found 1 store that reliably has my size! It's very frustrating. I've had good luck at Aeropostale, and their jeans are not all that expensive.

How short are you? I'm about 5'1''...I wear a size 00, which is why I have issues.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I can't really find jeans that fit me like they should anymore. I'm not an odd size and I haven't grown in height since HS. They just make them longer than they need to be for my size these days so I've got a good six inches of fabric that goes past my ankles.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

My problem is that I actually have (gasp!) HIPS! AND a waist! That means that most jeans that fit in the hip/leg are huge in the waist. What is UP with that? We're not all built like prepubescent boys!

And height? UGH! I'm 5'5" and petites are too short in the waist (not usually the leg), but "regular" is 3-4 inches too long in the leg most of the time. On what planet is 5'8"-5"9 "regular" height? Last I checked, average in this country was 5"4"-5'5"...so shouldn't "regular" fit the ACTUAL regular person?!

I'm right there with ya! I've found that the jeans that tend to fit me the best are unfortunately always the expensive brands (Lucky, Paper Denim & Cloth, etc) - that means I get to wait and wait and wain until they show up at TJ Maxx and the like. Sigh...
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Just found the best jeans Friday night on clearance for 19.99. Stretch, but still a classic cut. Jones Of New York...you can find them on their outlet site.

I'm 5'0 103lbs, and I get my jeans from the Banana Republic petites section, which is actually meant for short AND small people - all the way down to P00 and PXXS. If I don't find what I'm looking for there, I look at brands that do sizing in inseam/waist sizes like men's pants, such as Vanity and Silver. It's ridiculous that all female brands don't do inseam/waist sizing already.

Same problem as HenryisBlaisin' (except I'm 5'8").
    Big hips, smaller waist.

I found some brand online awhile ago where their jeans are actually a size smaller in the waist than the hips. But I just can't justify the high price for jeans.

I've found that some of the JJill jeans fit me great. I buy them on sale at my local outlet store. I'm only 5'3 but "petite" stuff is always way too short, and a lot of the "regular" sizes are too long. These fit me just fine, and I do have hips! They are very comfy and I can even ride in them!
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

I'm not short, but I still hate jeans shopping. They just aren't built for me usually. I have found a couple brands that work and I stick to those. Rarely go outside the "known" brands. Just not worth the headache.

And wtf is it with back pockets halfway down the back of the thigh? Srsly., NOBODY's butt is down there - honest!
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Smile

Gap. That's all I have to say.
    Oh, and "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" if you want to spend that. They made my as# look so good my husband had a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    My problem is that I actually have (gasp!) HIPS! AND a waist! That means that most jeans that fit in the hip/leg are huge in the waist. What is UP with that?
    I have this problem, too. Or rather, this not-a-problem, because it really shouldn't be one, and it isn't, except for when I'm trying to find pants! I have resorted to Old Navy, of all places. I feel silly about it, but I have no patience with trying on seventeen million different brands from twenty-eight different stores, so I keep falling back on the one thing that I know will work.

The only jeans that I know will fit me every time I put them on are Citizens of Humanity. Of course, they are really expensive, which is why I'm now an eBay jeans-buying expert!

My advice: go try on jeans, and don't restrict yourself to affordable ones. If you find a brand that fits well, learn how to spot fakes, and know what your rise/inseam/waist measurements are in inches, and then go look on eBay or other similar sites.

I have about five pairs of Citizens, and I buy them all off eBay for under $30. :-)
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

I'm small but an hourglass, and the best-fitting jeans I've found are from j crew. They can be very reasonable ($50 or so) for such nice jeans when on sale!

Their cords are comfy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I have a terrible time finding jeans that fit me; I'm tiny. I end up trying on every pair of jeans that I want to buy (I can't just find ones in my size and assume they'll fit), and I've only found 1 store that reliably has my size! It's very frustrating. I've had good luck at Aeropostale, and their jeans are not all that expensive.

How short are you? I'm about 5'1''...I wear a size 00, which is why I have issues.
    Have you tried Delia's? I'm 5'1 and both their 0 and 00 fit pretty well, and they've always had a stack of them when I've been there, in three different lengths. I have hips & a tiny waist & they're the only brand I've found that fits both.

I have a short inseam but long torso -so petites are kind of a pain. I've had the best luck with Old Navy, except their layout totally confuses me. Also, Aura or Aurora or something like that at Tractor Supply has different inseam lengths.

I found my perfect jeans about 6 years ago. American Eagle *men's* low rise, boot cut. When I gain or lose weight, I can adjust the waist sizing and keep the same inseam. Plus, I can usually get them on sale for $30.

So, if you have odd proportions, maybe you can try on men's jeans and see how they fit. Especially since they seem to have as many different fits/styles/washes as women's jeans these days.
    The dude abides ...

I recently bought a pair of Denizen boot cut in a dark wash from target. They're high enough for me to feel like I can bend over without giving a show, but low enough so I don't feel like a grandma in them, not at all. And can you ever go wrong with an even/solid dark wash??

Another one I like is liz Claiborne, also boot cut and dark wash.

I have a few old navy jeans, but they kind of border on 'mom jeans' to me. They aren't as flattering as the target ones I just bought.

I used to have a ton of the expensive jeans and loved them. Hudson, Seven, rock and republic, blood and glitter, lux, joes, what else am I missing, lol. But I'm only left with about three of them that still fit and are in good condition, and I'm really not interested in spending my money like that again.

Come to think about it, i should probably go and buy another pair of the target ones before I can never find that fit again!

I've been faithful to American Eagle jeans for years, but now that I'm out of college I'm finding that the low rise of those jeans isn't as appropriate for all settings. I'm built kind of boyish--very straight all around without lady-like curves. My biggest issue with jeans seems to be that the thigh area is super tight and the waist area is loose This is baffling to me because my thighs really aren't that big for my size...

Anyhow, I tried on some Tommy Hilfiger jeans that were 50% off the other day and they are FABULOUS. I got the boot-cut and they are a beautiful color, have great stretch, and are an appropriate rise (below my belly button, but not down near my bikini line). They are super comfortable too!
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"