The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Do you think if we asked the mods nicely, we could get this stickied? In Off Course/Around the Farm?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I'm still hoping that we could get a diet and fitness section set up.

I'm really struggling for many reasons, but being less mobile due to this stupid fricking knee isn't helping. I don't feel as I belong in the disability section, I'm fortunate in that I think this will be fixed, but I'd love to be able to share exercise tips with people.

Even for the 100% able, when you live up here in the freezer your riding time inevitably becomes limited at this time of year, so finding something else fun becomes a requirement.
    Mother of the son of UsedtobeHaffy

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Ok, just asked Coth Loseit to be friends on FB.

MFP name is: LoveMyMule
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

42 members and counting in the MFP group!

Here is the link again for anyone who is interested. All are welcome whether your goal are weight loss, fitness, or just to support others.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/h...-horse-fitness
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I'm in. I started eating better last week. I'm going high protein, low/no carbs. Yesterday I started jogging/power walking with my GSD's. So far I'm jogging out two miles and walking back. I'll be increasing as the pain decreases . I'm not as young as I used to be.
    I've got at least 25lbs to lose

Quote Originally Posted by CHSatwork View Post
    I'm in. I started eating better last week. I'm going high protein, low/no carbs. Yesterday I started jogging/power walking with my GSD's. So far I'm jogging out two miles and walking back. I'll be increasing as the pain decreases . I'm not as young as I used to be.
    I've got at least 25lbs to lose
    You should look into the Couch 2 5k program. It's a great way to gradually build up your running.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    I'm in. Joined MFP with the same user name as here.

Now, any idea for exercising with a bum knee? Swimming is out- the local pool is too far away to make the trip worthwhile.
    Kookicat...stationary or recumbent bicycle. It's the first thing patients get plopped onto post knee surgery.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Curb Appeal View Post
    You should look into the Couch 2 5k program. It's a great way to gradually build up your running.
    I was already in fairly good shape when I started Couch to 5K in October. I 'graduated' the program Thanksgiving week and keep building my weeks every 2 weeks. In fact, I ran 8 miles on New Year's Day.

I've been astonished at how well the C25K program provided me with a base from which to build. That week when you run for 10 minutes straight seems formidable, but then the next thing you know, you're running for 15 minutes, then 25, and it seems like it's so doable.

I'm signed up to run a half marathon on Feb. 26th.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

This is great! I really need the motivation and the support. My horse would certainly be happier if I was lighter and more fit!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

I'm in! While I need to lose a few pounds my main goal is gaining fitness. I was in a really bad roll over truck accident 5 years ago that left me with severe neck and back pain. I take enough morphine everyday for a 350 lb. man The medication make me comfortable some of the time and I just deal with the times I hurt. I kept riding until 2010 when I lost my show horse to colic. I have not ridden steady since then. I have a horse in full time training and I will start riding him soon but I am totally out of shape. I need to get my strength back soon.

I am limited to what I can do but I am going to try my best to get through it. I am going to try to do C25K. I was a runner before my accident and would like to do it again but in the past it has really hurt my back.....I am hoping that building a bit slower will be the key to my success!!
    RIP Sucha Smooth Whiskey
    May 17,2004 - March 29, 2010
    RIP San Lena Peppy
    May 3, 1991 - March 11, 2010

I started on New Years Day. 2 days down so far. I'm in for the FB page- just friended COTHloseit!