The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New family member

My oldest dog died a couple of weeks ago and that left Rosco all alone and I swear he went into a depression. Then he became ULTRA clingy. So I decided he needed a friend. I didn't really WANT another dog but you know you do what you have to do... =) I found this girl at a rescue nearby (sort of , an hour away). Thankfully the choice was right and they are getting along OK as long as she realizes HE is the King of All. Anyway here is Daisy:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w..._8206email.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w..._8211email.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_6157.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_6156.jpg

Yes she is a "puggle". Amazing how fast the drop can be from designer dog to kill shelter!

Here is Rosco so he won't feel left out:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_5570-1.jpg
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Very cute! Do her teeth cause her problems? (the underbite?)
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Nope. Although she probably will need more cleaning than a "normal" dog.

OK we have Roscoe the dog and Daisy the dog - who is the orange striped tail??

Is Roscoe a Schip?

Cute!!! Congrats!

Looks like Daisy had a litter or two. Glad she's with you now!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

I think the tail belongs to Little kitty! Who isn't little anymore but he was SUPPOSED to be up for adoption and never got a permanent name! Yes Daisy was picked up from a kill shelter full of milk but no puppies. Will be glad when she's all dried up (and gets her figure back!) I am guessing they sold or gave away the puppies and then got rid of her because she was getting pregnant! (like it is a choice for dogs!!)

Yup Rosco is a schipperke! Daisy is making Rosco look calm, cool and collected. I'm not sure how this will work out, she's SO bouncy and just all muscle and she's too rough with him and everyone else (cats). I have to watch her like a hawk. They seem to do OK out in the yard w hen I am gone though.

People buy the designer breeds from pet shops or the paper and spend a lot of money from these 'mixes' and then breed them to 'make the money back'. It really ticks me off. the dogs are the losers. She is cute, but that is quite an underbite! Roscoe is really a cute boy too

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahsmom View Post
    People buy the designer breeds from pet shops or the paper and spend a lot of money from these 'mixes' and then breed them to 'make the money back'. It really ticks me off. the dogs are the losers. She is cute, but that is quite an underbite! Roscoe is really a cute boy too
    Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of how much like a racehorse these types of dog are! From top of the line to bottom of the heap (or track to table) in such a short time. Very sad.

I will say that she is VERY good at going to her bed and just chilling when I'm at the computer or well in the house at all!

Quote Originally Posted by summerhorse View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of how much like a racehorse these types of dog are! From top of the line to bottom of the heap (or track to table) in such a short time. Very sad.
    At least racehorses are normal (even well-bred) horses, while the "designer" dogs are so often 'whatever toy breed is trendy this year crossed on whatever was trendy last year' and the individuals they breed are usually ones not good enough to use for papered dogs with all the worst sorts of genetic problems...not to mention the racehorses get exercise and vet care. Puppy mills (won't dignify them with term 'dog breeders') sometimes don't even bother there....and if Puggles are now 'last year' and Shorkies are 'in' this year, out go the Puggles to the dumpster. I hate 'designer' breeders.

And she's cute (the longer snout makes her look like a mini-Boxer) but I'm going to implode from the cuteness that is Rosco. He's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    At least racehorses are normal (even well-bred) horses, while the "designer" dogs are so often 'whatever toy breed is trendy this year crossed on whatever was trendy last year' and the individuals they breed are usually ones not good enough to use for papered dogs with all the worst sorts of genetic problems...not to mention the racehorses get exercise and vet care. Puppy mills (won't dignify them with term 'dog breeders') sometimes don't even bother there....and if Puggles are now 'last year' and Shorkies are 'in' this year, out go the Puggles to the dumpster. I hate 'designer' breeders.

And she's cute (the longer snout makes her look like a mini-Boxer) but I'm going to implode from the cuteness that is Rosco. He's adorable.
    So so true. LOL she does look a bit like a little boxer! Yes thanks! Rosco is adorable (totally unbiased of course!!). IF ONLY I could have found another Rosco! There is not even a breeder within reach that might have older dogs. Or puppies for that matter!!I can't believe he is 8 already!

I have several friends locally that have Schips...they do obedience and agility with them...nice dogs AND owners.