The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else sick and have their New Years Eve planes ruined

So Christmas was great and then Wed I came down with the stomach flu. I CANNOT remember ever being that sick in my life. Was up most of Wed night vomiting.

Stayed home from work and didn't ride thursday (how you know a horse person is really sick). Was no longer vomiting during the day but felt horrible and head was pounding from the dehydration even though i was drinking as much water as I could.

Finally feeling better today and started eating real food again (living off crakers and dry toast for the last couple days). But cancelled my plans for the evening. And this is the 3rd year in a row I'm been home sick or recovering from being sick on New Years.

I'm not bitter or anything but this is making a pattern.
    Anyone in the same boat.

I've been feeling punky with that awful woman thing. George (it just HAS to be male) attacked late last night making his vengeful presence known. I should have known better, I had just put the clean white sheets on the bed.....

So yes, I'm home. Feeling crampy and achy and have a headache. Didn't want to go out that much to begin with but definitely didn't feel like partying it up when I would rather be home in bed with my pups
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

I managed to finally come down with the flu that's going around my office, just in time for the three day weekend. I'm medicating my sore throat with champagne!

I came down with cold just ahead of Christmas Eve, and am now trying to head off bronchitis. Meds and bed have been the height of my holidays this year.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Yes nothing too bad just a head cold but it still sucks. My ears and brain hurt and I sound like a toad. Didn't want to get anyone else sick so I went home and am watching fireworks on tv with dear ol'dad.
    Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.

I have the dreaded head cold too. I didn't stay up for the ball or any celebrations (although my fiancé called me at midnight ) and have been taking Cold-Eeze nonstop. Mehhh.

Yep. Caught the death cold from Hell from the feed store employees - I originally blamed my little nieces and nephews whom I visited over Christmas, but when I got back home and went to buy feed, I found every single employee sick with the same cold I had. Thanks feed store folks - if the first one of y'all had stayed home when you started to get sick, then many of us would've had a better winter holiday!

YES! ME! I also got a nasty stomach virus starting at 1:45 AM Saturday morning. This sucker had me laid out all day yesterday. Today, I'm better, but not back to normal yet. THIS SUCKS!

Allow me to join the club.

Hubby & I were all set with our traditional array of caviars, champagne, Hoppin' John, cheese platter, lentil soup, herring in sour cream sauce, spanokopita, & other snacks, when around mid-afternoon yesterday I started feeling crummy, & ended up spending New Year's Eve having an intimate relationship with my bathroom all night. Was supposed to make our traditional New Year's Day "French Cassoulet" today, but nixed that as well in favor of plain crackers & water. How festive!!!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Nothing viral here, but I somehow re-injured my knee Friday night.
    Can't recall if it's the same one diagnosed with torn meniscus 2 years ago, or the other one...

I ground-drove the pants off the pony Tuesday and was really looking forward to riding the Big Horse over the weekend.
    Needless to say that is not happening.

So I'm just gimping around doing barn chores
    Knee is about 90% better today - with rest & ibuprofen - but so much for having the luxury of extra time off work.

Hope everyone recovers and gets a good start on 2012!
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

I missed all of Christmas Eve and Christmas due to the stomach bug deal. Yup, crackers and dry toast here, headache, hung out on the bathroom floor...Feel better everyone!

Last OT day I had chronicled my lovely adventure with a difficult tooth extraction/jaw infection on Dec. 16th, well now that the super strong 10 day antibiotic treatment is done, I have the lovely side effect...my whole GI tract is stripped, so gulping yogurt here, and going on ANOTHER medication because of the watery number two...WooHoo!!!

So last night was stomach cramps, and using the potty all night, starting at 3:30 AM. Happy New Year from the john!!

My one bit of good news is I have lost 6 pounds from not being able to eat-yes, eating slowly and teeny bites does make you full faster, and of course the still sore jaw can't fully flex. NOT a good way to lose weight, but I have to make lemonade out of this "lemon" situation somehow!!

Hope everyone is better soon in 2012!!

Really bad allergic reaction (like an idiot, I ate a tiny bite of baked onion cause it smelled so good) that knocked me down for a few days. Think bad flu minus muscle pain and fever but replace that with hives......was a 'woderful' four days althought I am still left with dripping sinuses and a hacking cough from that. Benedryl and oj have been my best friends since Tueday but I am now down to one pill a day.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Head cold, of course. I hope I don't get bronchitis like I did last year. I went to bed at 10 last night, although we don't go out for New Years I would have like to stayed up. I'm sure I"ll be feeling better on Tuesday, when I go back to work.
    However, DH bought an Edwards Mint Choc Chip frozen pie which is sure to speed up my recovery!

I think there is some kind of a nasty stomach virus going around. 4 people in my family have had severe stomach pain, vomitting, some with diarrhea. bad enough to go to the hospital. But not food poisoning.