The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who is graduating college/grad school this year?

I've got six more months (VERY LONG months ) and I'll finish my bachelor's in Statistics. Pretty sure I'm going to take a few years off and work and then go back to grad school. If there's anything last quarter taught me, I'm burnt out.

Anyone else getting nervous about the job hunt? My school's job fair is in 2 weeks so the resume is getting spit polished. With this economy, I'm a little afraid about the job market.

I'm both excited and a little scared of graduating. You mean I have to be a REAL adult?? Terrifying...

What are everyone else's post-degree plans?

May 12th can NOT come soon enough! Finishing my masters and definitely taking a break before considering anything more. Can not wait to be done with the whole working full time and going to grad class at night thing.

I'm graduating in May (undergrad). I'm starting to freak out a little about the job search! I'm a history major, so not something with a clear career path and I'm really not sure what I want to do. Definitely feel you on the excited and scared thing! I can't believe I'm going to be a real adult soon...

I'll finish this cursedly pointless MPH in the summer.

I'm jealous that you guys are done in May. I'm on a quarter system, so I'll be done in June.

Now I've just got to keep motivation up for two more quarters. Can't die at the finish line!

I just graduated with my master's on Dec. 14! Now to find a job...

I will graduate with a BA in Environmental Studies in May. My solution? I'm moving back down to L.A. (ewww) and in with my parents (double ewww) for a couple months so I can work my ASS OFF at what used to be my summer job and save enough to travel. Then I'll be heading to Europe for (hopefully) 4-6 months depending on how long I can afford it.

Anyone want to come?
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Fourteen Months Living and Working in Costa Rica

Oh I wish! I would love to travel, but I'm beyond broke. And I have a sneaking feeling my car is going to die soon.

But you're not alone, unless I find a job before I graduate, I'll be moving back in with my mom. Ironically, Los Angeles is where I want to settle!

I was supposed to finish this spring, but have pushed graduating with my MA until fall.. main reason is Im scared to death to do my thesis presentation.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

May 6th is my graduation date for my undergrad. Then off to grad school. I have been studying Art History and Cultural Anthropology.

I can't wait for grad school, that means I get to defer being an adult for a little bit longer.

Just finished my first semester of vet school, so I am a long way from graduation! I graduated with my BS in 2006, so have had a long break in between undergrad and graduate school.

It actually nice being in school again!

Congrats to everyone who is done/close to being done!!

I just graduated with my B.S. in December, and I realized that I'm not quite ready to be done. I've already applied to multiple grad schools for the fall to start with my Masters, and until then I have a great internship with an amazing company, but I am going to miss my undergrad!

I've lasted about a week before I started in on a big stack of scientific articles and started to miss the rigidity of a class schedule. All I can think is "Thank goodness I'll be in school for another 6 years!" Haha.

The funny thing is that I want to go to grad school, but right now, mentally, I know I won't be successful. I need a few years break. I wish I still have the motivation for grad school now, but the thought of school for even just 2 more years makes me ill.

I'm graduating in just under a year.. December cannot get here quickly enough! On the one hand I am so ready to get out in to the world and have a real job with a degree... I feel like that is when I will truly start my life. On the other hand.... Hello real adult world... How's it going... :/ It's a little daunting.
    You're trying to do something normal people wouldn't do because they're terrified they might fail. -Boyd Martin

I (hopefully) will graduate from nursing school in June. DD will graduate from grad school in May (Masters in East Asian Studies), and in October we plan to take a celebratory trip to Japan.