The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Default I needed an OT day and it wasn't there!

Monday took my beloved YukonXL, Connie, the Yukonestoga that brought me west, into the shop because she was making funny noises. Tuesday am, I was told they stopped looking for stuff that was wrong when they got to $10k. Since she had 280,000 miles,and was 10, this wasn't a huge surprise.

But I had to buy a car, and I could not ask the greater CoTH community what their opinions were.

Knew I wanted to downsize, as the whole reason for Connie was so I could pull with her, and then I married DH, and his truck and trailer.

Knew it had to be mommy friendly, but NOT. A. MINI. VAN.

Ended up with a Chevy Traverse and I love her!! Eloise has the same seating as Connie, I just gave up some cargo space and 4wheel drive. And she is my first brand new car ever. She had 15 miles when I drove her off the lot
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Congratulations! There is nothing quite the same as the smell and feel of a new car. May Eloise give you many years and miles of safe and happy driving.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss of Dearest Connie, but welcome to the new car owners club
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Thank you! Losing Connie affected my daughter pretty badly. She was the only car she had ever known. All our adventures, horseshows, ski trips etc were in Connie. And she brought us to our new life in CO. DD still isn't sure how she feels about Eloise, esp since I won't let us eat or drink in her yet! I hadn't thought about getting a new car, but since they had such good end of the year deals, and we get a discount with our milk cooperative membership, and a warranty and all that good stuff, DH decided it was the way to go. Probably would not have happened if we were getting another Yukon, but the Traverse was pretty reasonably priced.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"