The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Calling all fashonistas... Help me pick show clothes!

Well, it appears as if I will finally get to take my horse to a show! It is just a "fun" show but I am going to use this as an excuse to buy some show clothes. Let me also say, I do not care what is "traditional". We won't be doing anything but local shows.

NO tan pants! Dark pants only. Tan is alright, but it just isn't what I like. I have black tack and a black horse, so I like the darker look.

So, what do you all think. Navy coat and pants? Black pants and black or charcoal coat? As for show shirts, I will likely do light blue.

I think charcoal pants would look smashing, and keep you from blending into one big blob of black. In fact, charcoal breeches with a lighter grey coat would look quite lovely.. On my grey with charcoal/black points, for the upcoming year, we're going to do a charcoal grey coat, charcoal saddle pad, and lighter grey breeches. Not traditional, but still "legal."

I also think rust breeches look quite nice on dark horses, but some people are of the exact opposite opinion.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Ditto the grey, but I am slightly OCD about navy and black. OR white bottoms or shoes after Labor Day. Grey jods and breeches were all the rage when I was showing as a kid. I even remember grey paddock boots available.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"